Linus previous sponsor

Techicolors

Could be very wrong about remembering, but i think Linus had a sponsor with a clothes subscription based service. basically they send you clothes that match your size. if you didn't like the particular box you can send it back. i think you can also add more items with additional fees 

so i'm trying to figure what the company was, if anyone has an idea. or then again, i'm probably incorrect about there being a sponsor like this one

They were on shark tank as well I do believe, you use your cell phone and they size you up.

If you are looking to order clothing, I would say that it is better to buy clothing in person and get a real tailor to measure you. I am sure a simple store like Moore's would be able to do it. I am confident they would have a chain of stores in Florida.

Perhaps there could be a list the L crew could post about previous sponsors. Would be a good marketing gimmick for the L crew, perhaps they could even raise their prices. I am sure they would have all the info, in the offices somewhere, perhaps accounting department.

It's either Mack Weldon or Five Four. The former is more recent and the latter is from a couple years ago at this point.

With the way you're describing things, I believe it was Mack Weldon (you can tell it what kind of design of stuff you like.. and they will send clothes according to that. You were also able to purchase the clothes you liked).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

It was Mack Weldon, because I saved the site when he talked about it because I intended to try it out and never got around to it.

This sounds like Five Four. We stopped working with them after a few months as quite a few members of the audience had a negative experience with their customer support & returns.

Important to note that this was ~3.5 years ago at this time, so for all I know it's entirely possible that they've worked out the issues and it's a great service now - I haven't personally used them since they were a sponsor. Don't want to make it seem like I have a comment on their current support procedure, but that was why we dropped them years ago.

thanks all !

17 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

This sounds like Five Four. We stopped working with them after a few months as quite a few members of the audience had a negative experience with their customer support & returns.

Important to note that this was ~3.5 years ago at this time, so for all I know it's entirely possible that they've worked out the issues and it's a great service now - I haven't personally used them since they were a sponsor. Don't want to make it seem like I have a comment on their current support procedure, but that was why we dropped them years ago.

googling five four leads me to this https://www.themenlohouse.com/club

13 minutes ago, Techicolors said:

thanks all !

googling five four leads me to this https://www.themenlohouse.com/club

Huh, possible that they changed their name. I'm not really sure honestly, haven't followed them closely since we stopped working with them.