Can't fit Arctic Alpine 64 plus

Lemonpearl

I'm trying to fit this cooler on my AM4 board. So far I have one hatch down on the plastic mount, but the sheer amount of force that I'm using to get the other hatch down is insane.

When watching installation videos, it looks like it takes much less force than I'm already using. What should I do?

I had a really hard time installing my Arctic Alpine 64 Plus on my AM4 board.

I followed the instructions, which neglected to tell me that I have to loosen the screws on the cooler before fitting the hatches onto the brackets on my board.

I spent a while pushing down obscenely hard on the cooler while attempting to connect the hatched to the bracket. I'd normal never apply this much pressure and I'm worried I may have damaged the board or the CPU.

I didn't hear any cracks from the board and Windows seemed to boot okay. But it did give me a recovery screen which I ignored.

What do we think?

Edit: I noticed one of my USB ports isn't working. But I think this may be because I didn't install the USB 3.1 header correctly.

It's an AMD CPU, so it's PGA, which means the pins shouldn't bend in any way. Different story with Intel where you could have had a high chance of bending pins due to the force/pressure.

Run a stress test for a few minutes and see if your CPU succeeds and runs as normal. Chances are you haven't damaged it, since that sounds difficult to on the AMD socket(s).

Also, I'm sorry to hear you struggled with the Arctic Alpine 64 Plus installation. :( 

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches