Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help Needed with Lost Power Supply AC Adapter

Boomwebsearch

Go to solution Solved by jonnyGURU,
6 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

Yes, I have a PSU cord which looks very similar to the one in the image which you have included. Does anyone happen to know what type of cord this is although (so that I can ask for buying it in a store)? I have ones like this one although they are dedicated for other systems, so I would need to have more than the number of systems I have and run regularly. 

It's called a PC power cord.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=PC+power+cord

I have recently found out that the ac adapter going into the PSU on my Dell Vostro 200 (which I have upgraded to the diablotech 400 watt PSU) is lost and not able to be found at least without ease. I have been searching for literally hours and still have not found it. I have some other ATX computers, would their ac adapter be compatible with this power supply unit and would there be any way I could buy a new cable in the case that it is not found or would then entire PSU need to be replace (I could not find a replacement AC adapter for this PSU although)?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

You do realize that your post makes ZERO sense, right?

The Vostro 200 is a desktop, not a laptop.  So it doesn't use an adapter.

The Diablotech 400W PSU is shit, so not sure what that has to do with anything.

Try arranging your thoughts into a cohesive string of ideas and maybe we can help you.

1 minute ago, jonnyGURU said:

You do realize that your post makes ZERO sense, right?

The Vostro 200 is a desktop, not a laptop.  So it doesn't use an adapter.

The Diablotech 400W PSU is shit, so not sure what that has to do with anything.

Try arranging your thoughts into a cohesive string of ideas and maybe we can help you.

I was trying to initially state that the power cord for my computer was essentially lost and I am wondering if it can be replaced with another one from another desktop which has the same form factor. If not then I am wondering where I would be able to purchase this power cord or if I would have to buy another PSU and replace my current one. As a new power supply would come with another power cord although I want to avoid that as it would involve higher cost and needing to rewire the components within this Dell Vostro 200. I apologize if my original post within this thread caused any confusion although I hope that this post helps to make the topic more clear.

@Boomwebsearch 

25 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

if it can be replaced with another one from another desktop which has the same form factor.

If your PSU power cord looks like this then they are interchangeable.

original.jpg

9 hours ago, wONKEyeYEs said:

If your PSU power cord looks like this then they are interchangeable.

Yes, I have a PSU cord which looks very similar to the one in the image which you have included. Does anyone happen to know what type of cord this is although (so that I can ask for buying it in a store)? I have ones like this one although they are dedicated for other systems, so I would need to have more than the number of systems I have and run regularly. 

@Boomwebsearch 

6 hours ago, Boomwebsearch said:

It's called a PC power cord.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=PC+power+cord