1080 + 2080ti + 2080ti

RokasOnline

Hello,

I'm planning on building a workstation pc and my question is: how many 2080ti's could I potentially put in the x299 rampage vi extreme motherboard? Is it possible to have 1080 + 2080 ti + 2080 ti, in a x299 rampage vi extreme motherboard, is there enough room/space between pcie lanes and other things? I want to buy 1080 now because of the price drop and I'll wait for rendering benchmarks before buying new RTX cards. I'd have two RTX in SLI and a single 1080. I'd like to use both rtx for gaming and all three of them while using rendering software.

Does this make sense?

Thank you

6 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

That should be possible, as long as you don't get the triple slot 2080Ti cards.

Sorry, I can't find more info about it on google. Branded 2080ti's (asus, evga, etc) are triple slot, founders edition is double slot, am I right? And how many triple slot cards can fit in x299 motherboards? Thanks

Just now, RokasOnline said:

Sorry, I can't find more info about it on google. Branded 2080ti's (asus, evga, etc) are triple slot, founders edition is double slot, am I right? And how many triple slot cards can fit in x299 motherboards? Thanks

Founder's Edition is double slot, some aftermarket cards are double slot. I think XLR8's cards are double slot, but they're still long cards. EVGA should have some double slot, unless I got that mixed up.

You could fit 5 double slot cards on your board, 6 if you used a riser.

You're not going to get more than 2 triple slot cards on that board without risers.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I have that motherboard and I also have an evga 2080 ti xc ultra and you will be able to fit only 2 rtx cards. 1080 wont fit with the rtx cards

20181019_153941.jpg

That many cards, you’d prolly want fe anyway. The more room the better. All gonna suffer with that spacing and output. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz