i5-2300 Botteckneck GTX 1060 6GB?

Hi, I'm currently using a desktop with Intel i5-2300, GTX 1060 6GB and 8GB of ram and I was wondering whether my CPU is bottlenecking games like Final Fantasy 15, Assassin Creed Syndicate, Assassin Creed Origins, World of Tanks, World of Warships, Frostpunk, Witcher 3 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Just curious if my CPU is a severe bottleneck or a minor one because I was thinking about upgrading it but I'm not too sure if the performance increase is worth the money, looking forward to some replies hehehe :)

4 minutes ago, Kevin_William said:

Hi, I'm currently using a desktop with Intel i5-2300, GTX 1060 6GB and 8GB of ram and I was wondering whether my CPU is bottlenecking games like Final Fantasy 15, Assassin Creed Syndicate, Assassin Creed Origins, World of Tanks, World of Warships, Frostpunk, Witcher 3 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Just curious if my CPU is a severe bottleneck or a minor one because I was thinking about upgrading it but I'm not too sure if the performance increase is worth the money, looking forward to some replies hehehe :)

its probably not bottle necking your 1060 at all because its not high end enough to need more CPU power, not till about a 1070 or 1070ti range theres also a great video from either HWUB or techdeals where they do bottleneck comparisons with alot of cards and CPUs its actually really good  if anything its a VERY minor bottleneck but i still would hesitate to use that word there 

if you want to know how much your CPU is holding you back, monitor your GPU usage when gaming...unlock the FPS (don't use Vsync) and look...it should be pretty much always above 95% usage unless there is something holding it back...unless the game is really not GPU demanding.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR