My audio isn't as loud as it used to be

asdfRjIn

Hello. I use a Corsair Void wired headset between my desktop and my laptop. A while ago, I discovered that the audio on my desktop wasn't as loud as it used to be. I discovered this after listening songs on my laptop and then switching to my desktop. Does anybody have recommendations? I can provide information you may want to know as well.

That could be a whole slew of things.

Do I understand you correctly, that the problem is localized to your desktop? If so it's probably a software problem.

Check if the Windows volume has been reset to a lower value (that can happen after a Windows update) and check if there's any loudness equalization enabled both within Windows and the driver for the headset.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

@Volbet right on the money.

My Windows 7, beater laptop has software-based volume/output slider buttons that conflict with each other. Sliders in multiple spots.... MIDI out... audio with8n ‘system manager’... system tray (right click on trumpet icon)... OS’s control panel (check any app that MIGHT affect sound... Realtek, Conexant SmartAudio, Cmedia, and/or SoundBlaster,...). I slide them all to 100% and use one external knob on my external headphone amplifier.

I eventually had to strip all the audio apps from mylaptop to make it behave itself. Meh.

Hell, I’ve had signal degradation with >1m thin diametre headphone extensions.... I’m reminded of the practical upshot of Ohm’s Law! Factors that affect R...?

On 10/19/2018 at 8:45 PM, Volbet said:

That could be a whole slew of things.

Do I understand you correctly, that the problem is localized to your desktop? If so it's probably a software problem.

Check if the Windows volume has been reset to a lower value (that can happen after a Windows update) and check if there's any loudness equalization enabled both within Windows and the driver for the headset.

Sorry for the late reply. I don't know how to check the Windows volume value, but I did check for any loudness equalization was enabled on Windows and on my audio driver, but they were both disabled.

7 minutes ago, asdfRjIn said:

Sorry for the late reply. I don't know how to check the Windows volume value, but I did check for any loudness equalization was enabled on Windows and on my audio driver, but they were both disabled.

You just press the little speaker icon on the bottom right of the desktop. There should be a slider, which will allow you to adjust the volume. Just check if it changed value since you checked it last.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

14 hours ago, Volbet said:

You just press the little speaker icon on the bottom right of the desktop. There should be a slider, which will allow you to adjust the volume. Just check if it changed value since you checked it last.

Oh, I thought you were talking about something else. I always have my audio at 100%