Help! ~ Foxconn MOBO Identification ~ Foxconn 115XSBP 46R1

NXS

Hey guys.  As stated above in the title, I have a Foxconn 115XSBP 46R1 (presumably) motherboard.  I cannot find any information about this board online as far as socket and chipset are concerned.  I would gather that it is an Intel 115x (the genius in me deduced this from the board model name (located on the bottom of the motherboard's heat sync mount)) but as far as Googling or navigating around the Foxconn website is concerned, I have been unable to find any information).  If anyone can help provide me with some information on this board, I'd greatly appreciate it.  I have provided a few pictures below; maybe some of you will recognize it.  

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

My Current Rig (Still a Work in Progress):  Coffee Lake FTW 

Motherboard: MSI Z370 PC Pro
CPU: Core i3-8100 3.6ghz Quad-Core
Ram: G. Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4-2400 32GB
Storage: Samsung MZ-76E500B/AM 500GB + Seagate ST3000DM001    Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SC 4GB

PSU: Corsair CX550M
Case: Raidmax - Ninja II ATX Mid Tower Case 

Special THANK YOU to forum contributor, Trulop, for his insights, patience, and time. He's a great guy!

Looks a generic LGA 115something motherboard. I doubt it's worth keeping.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Pretty sure the 115xsbp is the model for that exact metal part that is the CPU mounting bracket and not for the motherboard itstelf.

Yes, it is an 115x socket, but that's all to be gleaned from that information.

There is a little white sticker above the CPU socket, next to the DIMM slot that looks like it starts "PWA". What else does it say?

My guess would be something like a H61 chipset, due to the 2x what appear to be SATA 3 headers, and the 3x SATA 2 headers

1 hour ago, kevp453 said:

There is a little white sticker above the CPU socket, next to the DIMM slot that looks like it starts "PWA". What else does it say?

It says PWA:1.1 and then there's a barcode. 

4.jpg

Storage: Samsung MZ-76E500B/AM 500GB + Seagate ST3000DM001    Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM

Special THANK YOU to forum contributor, Trulop, for his insights, patience, and time. He's a great guy!

So I have found a couple of these boards (at least by the looks of them) selling on eBay... I've messaged both sellers asking them which chipsets were supported and they both replied "115x" as if that is a definitive answer... lol.  When I inquired further, I got no response.  I found out that the processor that was originally installed into the board (at least right before I got it) was an i3-2120 so

I know that the board is a socket 1155 but that doesn't provide any real information as to what the board is compatible with because that particular CPU is compatible with several different chipsets.  I've looked on the Foxconn website under their 1155 boards that are listed, but there are none that have the dual PCI express slots that look like this one does. 

Just thought I'd add my findings to the post.  If anyone else has any information, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

5 hours ago, NXS said:

So I have found a couple of these boards (at least by the looks of them) selling on eBay... I've messaged both sellers asking them which chipsets were supported and they both replied "115x" as if that is a definitive answer... lol.  When I inquired further, I got no response.  I found out that the processor that was originally installed into the board (at least right before I got it) was an i3-2120 so

I know that the board is a socket 1155 but that doesn't provide any real information as to what the board is compatible with because that particular CPU is compatible with several different chipsets.  I've looked on the Foxconn website under their 1155 boards that are listed, but there are none that have the dual PCI express slots that look like this one does. 

Just thought I'd add my findings to the post.  If anyone else has any information, I'd greatly appreciate it. 

Two PCIE slots means this is not an entry level board.  The location of the speaker is also distinctive.

Have you tried to peel the stickers above the top most PCIE slot? That's a likely place for a model number.

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti

1 minute ago, grss1982 said:

Two PCIE slots means this is not an entry level board.  The location of the speaker is also distinctive.

Have you tried to peel the stickers above the top most PCIE slot? That's a likely place for a model number.

I haven't tried that but I absolutely will.  As for it not being an entry-level board, I agree with you.  It's not new enough to have the PCI-E (small) slots, but is not entry-level due to the dual GPU slots.  I will check the stickers as soon as I can and get back to you.  This board is an enigma... lol. 

Also. Look at the ATX power connectors see if you see a sticker there similar to this:

https://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/upload/files/Promos/2014-05_EAN+SN_sticker_location.jpg

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti

On 10/22/2018 at 11:25 AM, grss1982 said:

Also. Look at the ATX power connectors see if you see a sticker there similar to this:

https://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/upload/files/Promos/2014-05_EAN+SN_sticker_location.jpg

I checked the ATX power connectors... no stickers.  I have scoured over the entire board looking for any identifiable model or serial number but can find nothing.  It's a 1155 motherboard, DDR3, Sata 2 and Sata 3 connectors, and ran an i3-2120.  Other than that, I can't find any information whatsoever.  Still haven't received a reply to the email I sent to Foxconn's support, and their telephone support is broken "I'm sorry, but I didn't hear your selection.  Please try again." 

This truly is frustrating :/ 

2 hours ago, NXS said:

I checked the ATX power connectors... no stickers.  I have scoured over the entire board looking for any identifiable model or serial number but can find nothing.  It's a 1155 motherboard, DDR3, Sata 2 and Sata 3 connectors, and ran an i3-2120.  Other than that, I can't find any information whatsoever.  Still haven't received a reply to the email I sent to Foxconn's support, and their telephone support is broken "I'm sorry, but I didn't hear your selection.  Please try again." 

This truly is frustrating :/ 

Well if you have a processor and RAM on it, might as well use a spare hard drive and install Windows and then run CPU-Z. :D

Or maybe just a Linux Live CD and use some CLI commands to identify the chipset.

A more drastic measure is to remove the heatsink of the chipset so you at least get an idea what chipset this motherboard is using.

4 hours ago, grss1982 said:

Well if you have a processor and RAM on it, might as well use a spare hard drive and install Windows and then run CPU-Z. :D

Or maybe just a Linux Live CD and use some CLI commands to identify the chipset.

A more drastic measure is to remove the heatsink of the chipset so you at least get an idea what chipset this motherboard is using.

I'd love to get a processor to put in and identify, but the only one I know that presumably worked was the i3-2120... I guess if worse comes to worse I'll order another one of those... I just cannot fathom why a motherboard manufacturer wouldn't provide model number information.

• 2 weeks later...

So I wanted to provide a little bit of an update.  I took the advice of grss1982 and took off the chipset heatsink.  Though the writing was VERY tiny, I was able to identify that the board is indeed a Q67 chipset motherboard.  I am looking into acquiring an i5-2500k to get the system up and running.  I'm excited to see what in all the old girl can do.  I do appreciate everyone's feedback, help, and ideas.  I'll keep everyone posted once I do get everything assembled, dialed in, and loaded up.  

I still fear I am going to have difficulties finding all of the system drivers for the board, but at least I now know the chipset and that's more information than I had going in... so cheers to that.  

Thanks again, guys!

On 11/5/2018 at 2:14 AM, NXS said:

So I wanted to provide a little bit of an update.  I took the advice of grss1982 and took off the chipset heatsink.  Though the writing was VERY tiny, I was able to identify that the board is indeed a Q67 chipset motherboard.  I am looking into acquiring an i5-2500k to get the system up and running.  I'm excited to see what in all the old girl can do.  I do appreciate everyone's feedback, help, and ideas.  I'll keep everyone posted once I do get everything assembled, dialed in, and loaded up.  

I still fear I am going to have difficulties finding all of the system drivers for the board, but at least I now know the chipset and that's more information than I had going in... so cheers to that.  

Thanks again, guys!

That's a lot of work just to ID a motherboard. :D  Hope everything works out on this build. :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 5:06 AM, grss1982 said:

That's a lot of work just to ID a motherboard. :D  Hope everything works out on this build. :)

How right you are, sir.  How right you are.  It is my hopes that once I get an adequate CPU that--with Windows 10--most of the drivers will automatically install.  Then I'll use a system profiling tool such as CPU-Z or something similar to determine exactly what the board is and go from there. I'll need to find a new thermal pad, however, as I mucked the original up a bit when cleaning off the chipset heat sink (the part attached to the lid of the chipset peeled away from the rest of the pad.  For temporary purposes, I used normal thermal paste to "fill in the gap" on the heat sink itself.  Does anyone have a recommended pad for use in such instances?  I'll admit, that was my first time removing a chipset heat sink... lol.  :P 

• 1 year later...

I know this has been a while and you probably got this solved but back in the day I had about 25 of these little micro desktops in  doctor's office.

They were perfect for mounting on the wall even on the back of the monitor itself.

My computers mostly had the Pentium G630 2.7ghz chip but i had some that were somewhat faster.  I only have 1 left now in my junk box.

The board itself users the FCLGA1155 socket and supported a wide range of processors speeds.

https://www.avadirect.com/DH61DLB3-LGA1155-Intel-H61-DDR3-1333-16GB-2-SATA-3Gb-s-3-VGA-DVI-USB-3-0-2-HDA-GbLAN-mini-ITX-Retail/Product/4926462

• 1 year later...