Does PCPP keep up with Black Friday/Cyber Monday?

DVA

Curious question here guys, does PC Part Picker's price finder's keep up with websites' sales prices?

I know they update every few hours sure, and I know that it's best to check the actual website for sales I'm looking for. 

I just want to know how much I can rely on them for things like HDD's, monitors, cases and so on. 

Am I more than likely to miss a sale if I use PCPP? I will be out of town this year during the sales so I will have to do all of my shopping online. 

Thanks in advance

I don't know about US PCPP, but UK PCPP is pretty unreliable for prices, especially on Amazon.

I wouldn't trust PCPP's price tracker tbh

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

If they're updating is infrequent enough, then you'll lose out by way of possibly having the item you want sold out by the time they get around to updating the prices.

It's best to just sign up for newsletters or find websites that hunt deals for you. If you don't want spam in your primary email account, make a burner.

Just now, ibabyslapper said:

I don't know about US PCPP, but UK PCPP is pretty unreliable for prices, especially on Amazon.

I wouldn't trust PCPP's price tracker tbh

Thanks for the input. I asked because PCPP actually really helped me out in choosing my parts. Bought a 8700k for 300 bucks from a one day sale at Wal-Mart, 39 bucks for a 550W G2 Gold. 

I know BF/CM are a lot more frantic and sporadic though so that's when my questioning came into play. 

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

If they're updating is infrequent enough, then you'll lose out by way of possibly having the item you want sold out by the time they get around to updating the prices.

It's best to just sign up for newsletters or find websites that hunt deals for you. If you don't want spam in your primary email account, make a burner.

My biggest hunt this year is going for a 27" G Synch 144+Hz/1ms. Currently looking at Dell as the cheapest option but it's running at a $465 price tag, hoping monitors will drop during the sales period. A predator or ROG swift would be nice too, I just didn't want to miss anything. 

Definitely need to make a burner newsletter account.