Laptop for a Graphic Designer

I'm looking at getting a new laptop to replace my 2015 MacBook Pro. What I've been looking at so far is the Lenovo P1 and the Dell XPS 15. What I'm looking for is a good 4K display and something that can run Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator easily. Would one of those be a good option, or is there another that I should be considering? Thank you for your time.

2 minutes ago, ErikRiffle said:

I'm looking at getting a new laptop to replace my 2015 MacBook Pro. What I've been looking at so far is the Lenovo P1 and the Dell XPS 15. What I'm looking for is a good 4K display and something that can run Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator easily. Would one of those be a good option, or is there another that I should be considering? Thank you for your time.

What is your budget and how portable do you want it?

19 minutes ago, DustierDolphin said:

What is your budget and how portable do you want it?

My budget is around $2500. I take my laptop with me everywhere, so I don't want one of those bulky workstation machines.

Just now, ErikRiffle said:

My budget is around $2500. I take my laptop with me everywhere, so I don't want one of those bulky workstation machines.

XPS 15 and X1 Extreme will do you very nicely, and the Razer Blade or MSI Stealth will do better for gaming

Many of these things do not require a super powerful device, so don't go for anything with an i9. If you really wanted to you could get an LG Gram

I would probably say the i7 4K Dell is your best option, and if you really want it you can get a 2 in 1 version.

21 minutes ago, DustierDolphin said:

I would probably say the i7 4K Dell is your best option, and if you really want it you can get a 2 in 1 version.

Okay perfect, thank you for your help! I don't do any gaming so this would be my best bet then?

4 minutes ago, ErikRiffle said:

Okay perfect, thank you for your help! I don't do any gaming so this would be my best bet then?

For a thin and light workstation PC, definitely. The i9 throttles the device and is much mroe expensive so unless you really need it go for the i7. You could do some light gaming if you wanted to. Hope you enjoy it! 

2 hours ago, DustierDolphin said:

For a thin and light workstation PC, definitely. The i9 throttles the device and is much mroe expensive so unless you really need it go for the i7. You could do some light gaming if you wanted to. Hope you enjoy it! 

Awesome, thanks!

Where are you from? Budget? Preferred max weight and min battery life? Any other special requirements besides UHD display?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128