Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

corsair ll in radiator?

so I am going to get the Obsidian series 500d se corsair case, which comes with 3 120 LL fans. I want to put a radiator on the front behind the fans (the H150i Pro). I have read that Corsair LL fans are bad for radiators. does this mean " your cpu will overheat if you use these on a radiator" or just "these aren't the best"?

6 minutes ago, Rdpruitt said:

I have read

Link(s) for this please?

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

34 minutes ago, Rdpruitt said:

so I am going to get the Obsidian series 500d se corsair case, which comes with 3 120 LL fans. I want to put a radiator on the front behind the fans (the H150i Pro). I have read that Corsair LL fans are bad for radiators. does this mean " your cpu will overheat if you use these on a radiator" or just "these aren't the best"?

They're optimized more for airflow opposed to static pressure. Radiators tend to favor fans with higher static pressure as they need push the air through the fins of a rad. However, unless your cpu is overclocked you shouldn't notice to much of a temp jump though it will cause your pc to run hotter over using SP fans

R7 2700x (4.3ghz), Gtx Titan Xp Galactic Empire (Watercooled), 2x8 Gskill Trident 3200mhz, Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi, Corsair 900D, SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 256gb, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, 4x3tb 7200rpm Segate Barracudas in Raid 10 EKWB Custom Loop, Corsair AX1500i Power supply

42 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Link(s) for this please?

"As it is, the Corsair LL140 RGB fans are, well, pretty bad radiator fans when it comes to actual performance. The short blades are the main culprit here, and they simply can’t push as much air as most other fans when up against a radiator of average airflow restriction." from thermal bench.

http://thermalbench.com/2017/10/12/corsair-ll140-rgb-140mm-fan/4/

and if you search 'corsair LL fans on radiator' there are a lot of results of people discussing it. 

BTW I'm planning on getting the Core i9-9900k. will corsair LL fans on the H150i Pro be good enough for this? I wont be overclocking

1 minute ago, Rdpruitt said:

"As it is, the Corsair LL140 RGB fans are, well, pretty bad radiator fans when it comes to actual performance. The short blades are the main culprit here, and they simply can’t push as much air as most other fans when up against a radiator of average airflow restriction." from thermal bench.

http://thermalbench.com/2017/10/12/corsair-ll140-rgb-140mm-fan/4/

and if you search 'corsair LL fans on radiator' there are a lot of results of people discussing it. 

BTW I'm planning on getting the Core i9-9900k. will corsair LL fans on the H150i Pro be good enough for this? I wont be overclocking

It shouldn't thermal throttle or anything but, it's going bump up temps of whole system (since it's on the intake) and will run louder/hotter. I'd say run it till you can swap them with ML fans or something along those lines. 

R7 2700x (4.3ghz), Gtx Titan Xp Galactic Empire (Watercooled), 2x8 Gskill Trident 3200mhz, Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi, Corsair 900D, SAMSUNG 960 PRO M.2 256gb, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, 4x3tb 7200rpm Segate Barracudas in Raid 10 EKWB Custom Loop, Corsair AX1500i Power supply

Its fine. LL120s are basically SP120s + Moar RGB. You can always push pull with the included ml120s with the h150i PRO.