Top 2 gaming laptops.....

Jouxy
12 hours ago, sicily428 said:

that sager is a clevo p870. Clevo P870TM1-G with an unlocked Bios by PremaMod. this model can also use i7-9700k or i9-9900k

what do you mean ?? 

is there a sager laptop with desktop i-9 ??

6 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

One of the crappiest chip Intel has ever made

Trash quality

yup razer isnt good for making gaming laptops 

16 minutes ago, Jouxy said:

if it is for gaming u shouldnt care about the weight nor the battery life.

if it is not for gaming then u should care about the weight and the battery life.

Cause u will always game while ur laptop is plugged in, and i mean u will not gaming carrying it so weight doesnt matter alot, and if it do u should go to gym or something lol.

So.....

If you don't carry it around and use it only when plugged in, why not build a rig? 

I did not have any experience of building PC too, but I taught myself how to do that a few year ago. 

Bulky gaming laptop  is just not worth it. Even eGPU is a better solution.

6 hours ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Trash quality

Blade has it's issue, and Linus pointed it out in his video. I'm using it to make a point, that I believe laptop (gaming or not) should be portable at least.

45 minutes ago, Jouxy said:

well i thought about that but unfortunately there is two problems,

1-I have never built a pc before.

2- I travel alot so i need a laptop for now, and i will consider building a pc later.

I recommend something less bulky and, actually yeah battery life does matter. Because hey, what if you want to do more than ONLY game on said laptop? Getting 3-4 hours is a big deal when you just wanna watch a movie or something similar. :P There are plenty of thinner options, not necessarily the thin and light types, that support plenty of hitting power. A 1070 will drive any game at 1080p highest settings, 60 FPS. The i7-8750H is the latest and greatest CPU and it'll match the desktop 8600k in games, so... yeah that's a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Don't focus so much on those massive machines. Take a look at the smaller ones. You might find yourself enjoying a smaller notebook that you don't have to lug around all the time. An 18 pound notebook (Adapters included) is absurd... and yes, that's plural. Adapters. The Sager in question uses a pair of 330w bricks to power that machine so... you're gonna be lugging damn near 20 pounds in the end and... that's heavy.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

32 minutes ago, Imglidinhere said:

I recommend something less bulky and, actually yeah battery life does matter. Because hey, what if you want to do more than ONLY game on said laptop? Getting 3-4 hours is a big deal when you just wanna watch a movie or something similar. :P There are plenty of thinner options, not necessarily the thin and light types, that support plenty of hitting power. A 1070 will drive any game at 1080p highest settings, 60 FPS. The i7-8750H is the latest and greatest CPU and it'll match the desktop 8600k in games, so... yeah that's a pretty good deal if you ask me.

Don't focus so much on those massive machines. Take a look at the smaller ones. You might find yourself enjoying a smaller notebook that you don't have to lug around all the time. An 18 pound notebook (Adapters included) is absurd... and yes, that's plural. Adapters. The Sager in question uses a pair of 330w bricks to power that machine so... you're gonna be lugging damn near 20 pounds in the end and... that's heavy.

The reason I am looking for these massive laptops is that I have an hp laptop with 16 gb ram, I-7, and gtx 960 m (4gb) , with 4k display so I thought about getting a massive one for real gaming and I can use this to watch movies or to do any other work. 

8 hours ago, Jouxy said:

yup razer isnt good for making gaming laptops 

yes, that Sager is based on a clevo barebone and P750TM, P775TM and P870M are compatible also with that i9. check my signature for more infos about clevos

Spoiler

10 hours ago, sicily428 said:

yes, that Sager is based on a clevo barebone and P750TM, P775TM and P870M are compatible also with that i9. check my signature for more infos about clevos

Why bother? That CPU runs at like... 85*C on a high end air cooler, on an open case test bench, mind you, with relatively low operating ambient temps (21C). So no, there's no freakin' way you will be able to cool that chip in any feckin' laptop, EVER.

The 8700K has thermal issues even after delidding, so no, tacking on another two cores and clocking them at 5GHz won't end well.

The i7-8750H is more than plenty for anything you will need to do.

S.K.Y.N.E.T. v4.3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RX 6700XT |   Twin 24" Pixio PX248 Prime 1080p 144Hz Displays | 256GB Sabrent NVMe (OS) | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #1 | 500GB Samsung 840 Pro #2 | 2TB Samsung 860 Evo1TB Western Digital NVMe | 2TB Sabrent NVMe | Intel Wireless-AC 9260

8 hours ago, Imglidinhere said:

Why bother? That CPU runs at like... 85*C on a high end air cooler, on an open case test bench, mind you, with relatively low operating ambient temps (21C). So no, there's no freakin' way you will be able to cool that chip in any feckin' laptop, EVER. 

The 8700K has thermal issues even after delidding, so no, tacking on another two cores and clocking them at 5GHz won't end well. 

The i7-8750H is more than plenty for anything you will need to do.

Clevo will offer an internal liquid cooling solution for that. so that cpu is compatible with a p870 ans premamod tested it

Spoiler