Headphones suddenly have no sound.

So I have a simple pair of Xiaomi headphones. They were working fine on my XPS laptop until the very last night. Today, as the title suggests, they have no sound. No software or hardware changes whatsoever. They simply have no sound. Windows detects the device when I plug it to the laptop but either the sound keeps playing from the speakers or it's completely lost.

They work fine on my phone though.

Any suggetions? I already updated the Realtek drivers.

PS: Also I had a DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION BSOD some moments ago. I read that that's an SSD or a sound card driver.

It's really frustrating since NOTHING happened since last night xD

Chasis: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo || PSU: Seasonic PX 650 || Mobo: MSI Z690 Pro A || CPU: Intel i5 12600K || CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB @3200 || GPU: AORUS 4070 ti Elite || Boot Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB || Secondary Drive: Crucial MX300 525GB || HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Intake Fans: 3x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Exhaust Fans: 2x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless || Keyboard: Das Keyboard 4Q with Cherry MX Browns || Monitor: Acer Predator IPS 165Hz GSync

Do the headphones work when you plug them into another device?

Do you hear anything when you plug a different set of headphones in to your laptop?

1 minute ago, kontradictions said:

Do the headphones work when you plug them into another device?

Do you hear anything when you plug a different set of headphones in to your laptop?

As I stated, they work fine on my phone.

I don't have another pair of headphones where I am right now.

Chasis: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo || PSU: Seasonic PX 650 || Mobo: MSI Z690 Pro A || CPU: Intel i5 12600K || CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB @3200 || GPU: AORUS 4070 ti Elite || Boot Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB || Secondary Drive: Crucial MX300 525GB || HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Intake Fans: 3x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Exhaust Fans: 2x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless || Keyboard: Das Keyboard 4Q with Cherry MX Browns || Monitor: Acer Predator IPS 165Hz GSync

Just now, hiimFred said:

As I stated, they work fine on my phone.

I don't have another pair of headphones where I am right now.

Oops I missed that sorry.

This might be a stupid question but is the volume muted on the laptop when the headphones are plugged in? Speaker volume and headphone volume is set separately in Windows. 

7 minutes ago, kontradictions said:

Oops I missed that sorry.

This might be a stupid question but is the volume muted on the laptop when the headphones are plugged in? Speaker volume and headphone volume is set separately in Windows. 

Yes, I know. No it's not muted. Actually it's the one same input for both "Speakers/Headphones (Realtek Audio)", set at the same volume. This doesn't change when I plug in the headphones.

35 minutes ago, hiimFred said:

So I have a simple pair of Xiaomi headphones. They were working fine on my XPS laptop until the very last night. Today, as the title suggests, they have no sound. No software or hardware changes whatsoever. They simply have no sound. Windows detects the device when I plug it to the laptop but either the sound keeps playing from the speakers or it's completely lost.

They work fine on my phone though.

Any suggetions? I already updated the Realtek drivers.

PS: Also I had a DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION BSOD some moments ago. I read that that's an SSD or a sound card driver.

It's really frustrating since NOTHING happened since last night xD

Make sure your settings didn't automatically change(Could be changed due to windows update, updating drivers ect.) make sure that there enabled in your sounds settings.

12 minutes ago, Gotham said:

Make sure your settings didn't automatically change(Could be changed due to windows update, updating drivers ect.) make sure that there enabled in your sounds settings.

How do I do that? No Windows update. Laptop was just sitting doing nothing.

Please it's f*cking frustrating, XPS speakers suck big time!

23 hours ago, hiimFred said:

How do I do that? No Windows update. Laptop was just sitting doing nothing.

Please it's f*cking frustrating, XPS speakers suck big time!

Sorry for the late response! I use multiple sound systems so when i hook up a new device i always have to play with it using Reltek, i've had to change around my device manager and which one is my main device. Its depending on your OS also