NVIDIA 3D VISION CAN REDUCE FRAME RATE ??

sohail14

i play shadow of the tombraider it will support but not properly working if i close right eye it will clearly visible but at the same time  ultra settings without 3d i got 50 above fps and with 3d 18 fps how to solve this issue

18 minutes ago, sohail14 said:

i play shadow of the tombraider it will support but not properly working if i close right eye it will clearly visible but at the same time  ultra settings without 3d i got 50 above fps and with 3d 18 fps how to solve this issue

Wot?

1 minute ago, Supportsneedlove said:

Wot?

simply my question 3d vision can reduce fps ?? if i play gaming

3 minutes ago, sohail14 said:

simply my question 3d vision can reduce fps ?? if i play gaming

You do know that a 3D vision requires a ton of extra compute right? It's not just a stupid effect like on a Nintendo 3DS.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

43 minutes ago, James Evens said:

Isn't 3d vision with shutter? Depending on how they defined FPS a 50% decrease makes sense. The rest could be just normal overhead.

This. 3D Vision has active glasses, i.e. they "open and close" alternatingly. Ideally you'll be rendering 120 frames per second, so each eye gets 60 FPS. However, with stereoscopic 3D in general, you are not simply sending frames to the left and right eye alternatingly, but you need to render the scenes for left and right eye at slightly different angles for your brain to think it's seeing a three-dimensional scene.

5 hours ago, sohail14 said:

without 3d i got 50 above fps and with 3d 18 fps how to solve this issue

You can't, since it is inherent to the technology that your effective FPS gets cut roughly in half.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

3D requires the game to render two frames at slightly different angles so your eyes get a different view. Look at something somewhat far away (like 5 feet) and look at an object through one eye, then the other. You should notice the foreground object is covering different parts of the background. 3D has to do the same thing to give a feel of depth.

You can also see this in the 3DS where enabling 3D in a lot of games lowers the graphical quality to keep performance from getting bad.