Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New ryzen build with no audio and nvidia drivers.

Demm

Go to solution Solved by Demm,

Since nobody wants to help i will be closing this thread and returning the motherboard.

I need your help guys. 

I built new ryzen pc. R5 2600+b450 tomahawk and did a fresh Win 10 install, however there isn't any audio from any of the ports and I can't install Nvidia drivers because the drivers aren't compatible with my version of Windows. 

Please help me

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

Have you tried downloading your motherboards software? ( or use a disk if you have a disk drive, the disk should have came in the packaging )

There will probably be a new update available, especially if it's a fresh installation.  

What version of windows do you have & are you using your 970 or something newer?

10 minutes ago, Demm said:

I need your help guys. 

I built new ryzen pc. R5 2600+b450 tomahawk and did a fresh Win 10 install, however there isn't any audio from any of the ports and I can't install Nvidia drivers because the drivers aren't compatible with my version of Windows. 

Please help me

If your network is up and running thats all you need.

Latest Win10 x64bit Driver for Nvidia - https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/138697/en-us

Your Motherboard Drivers - https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/B450-TOMAHAWK#down-driver&Win10 64
You have TWO Audio version to choose from, Read the Note.
Audio Drivers in Above Motherboard Drivers LINK

Realtek HD Universal Driver
Version
Release Date
2018-09-28
File Size
25.48 MB
Note
Recommend installing this driver for Windows 10 RS3 or later versions.

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver
Version
Release Date
2018-09-28
File Size
288.53 MB
Likely the Legacy Driver prior to Universal - Use this if the Universal driver gives you bad feels man...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I've tried both of these drivers from the website. Nothing. I also uninstalled the drivers and let Windows troubleshoot and install things by itself. After telling me the issue is solved, it asked for a restart and still no sound.

I don't have a CD ROM, so I can't use the CD, but the website should work as well.. but it isn't.

As for Windows:image.png.6465ba5d0d8aae8467b0438737f0f6cc.png

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600, MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000 (2x8 GB), GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Gaming-X Trio, CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S, PSU: Corsair RM 650, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, SSD: Samsung 860 ECO 500GB, CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C

Have you tried GeForce experience yet?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - dark mode Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus thread, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, fasauceome said:

Have you tried GeForce experience yet?

Yes. It gives me the same exact errors. I even tried installing the Experience and the drivers separately.

This never happened on my Intel platform. For the life of me I can't figure out what is happening.

Maybe a Motherboard Bios Update Available? (Wouldn't expect it on a 400series though, mainly 300 series issues)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Are all the Front Panel Connectors connected probably and in the correct order? Might be worth checking, crossing out all other possibilities.

Check the motherboard manual and compare the cables to yours.

1 minute ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

Maybe a Motherboard Bios Update Available? (Wouldn't expect it on a 400series though, mainly 300 series issues)

Exactly.

But I haven't done a BIOS update before so I am kind of chickening out. Should I do it?

2 minutes ago, Demm said:

Exactly.

But I haven't done a BIOS update before so I am kind of chickening out. Should I do it?

Can always take it back to where you bought it....so they do it,...or figure it out... that way they are liable :)

But your parts are all connected and drivers CAN'T Link,... board could be bogus yet semi-functional.

I don't wanna be the guy who says go ahead and then cos of these issues,.. it fucks it up....

Totally don't wanna be that guy.

7 minutes ago, Ben Mills said:

Are all the Front Panel Connectors connected probably and in the correct order? Might be worth checking, crossing out all other possibilities.

Check the motherboard manual and compare the cables to yours.

Because all ports are black and only one is red, here is what it looks like from the manual. I am using the port for Rear Speaker Out.

image.png.6db919c4bd7acfa4ba5261b95abe449e.png

I haven't tried removing the HD Audio Connector from the case though.

Okay.. so I fixed the video drivers issue.

I just downloaded every last update Windows had and installed them overnight. This allowed me to install the Nvidia Drivers.. Now all I am left is fixing the audio. 

Do you have any suggestions?

Does anybody have any clues? 

I don't want to be returning the board. 

Since nobody wants to help i will be closing this thread and returning the motherboard.