amp/dac recommendation for GSP 600

I am looking to buy the Sennheiser GSP 600 high fidelity headset mainly to listen to music at work but also be able to take calls. Im looking to get an amp/dac to help power it and provide more clarity. The headset has a 28 ohm impedance. All my music is on my phone so I'd need an amp/dac that has an aux in and aux out port. I don't know how to sort through the marketing garbage. Can someone recommend a good amp/dac for me to buy?

A dac is a digital analog converter. 

Aux from your phone is analog already. 

An amp is an amplifier, so it makes the signal louder. 

Get the headset first (why this one specifically?) and then decide whether you need an amp or not. 

There's a more detailed thread (sticky) here in this subforum. Go check it out. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Is there a reason you chose this one specifically?

I would opt to not use a DAC or Amp at first.

Try it by itself - it might sound good enough as it is. An Amp, in particular, won't really help with sound quality, just loudness.

So if you have to crank your volume to the max to get loud enough? You need an Amp. Otherwise? Probably not.

As for a DAC - what device are you playing the music on? You probably don't need a DAC.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

37 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

A dac is a digital analog converter. 

Aux from your phone is analog already. 

An amp is an amplifier, so it makes the signal louder. 

Get the headset first (why this one specifically?) and then decide whether you need an amp or not. 

There's a more detailed thread (sticky) here in this subforum. Go check it out. 

I have the the gsp 500 which is the same thing except it is open back instead closed back like the gsp 600. The audio quality is just out of this world so I want to stick with this company and this product line. I had the Gsp 500 hooked up straight to my new gaming computer I built at home. With full volume in both the headset and windows I never really got the power I feel like it needed. So I bought the Sennheiser GSX 1000 amp/dac which pairs really well with it and offers an amazing surround sound experience and clarity. But that only has a USB input since it's meant for you this headset. So I couldn't use my phone with it. I'm getting the closed back one so I don't bother people at the office.

I would check out the Sennheiser HD xxx series, and pair it with a Mod Mic - compare that to the cost of this.

For example: The HD 598 Cs is the Closed Back version of the famous HD 598 headset.

However, if you're still set on the GSP 600, then check out any of the FiiO amps. Schiit are also kickass but they don't make any portable ones that I'm aware of.

Also, check out this:

https://www.bassheadspeakers.com/top-10-best-portable-headphone-amps/

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)