When everything goes wrong

I'm not sure what's going on, but I think this would've benefited from Dennis helping Linus. ?

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

When I first read the title of the video I thought it was going to be another video about LTT's horrendous thumbnails...

5 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

When I first read the title of the video I thought it was going to be another video about LTT's horrendous thumbnails...

Nope those are actually going pretty well!! :)

Just now, nicklmg said:

Nope those are actually going pretty well!! :)

Any amount of uptick in revenues obtained at the expense of exploiting human psychology will never quench my level of salt!

7 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Any amount of uptick in revenues obtained at the expense of exploiting human psychology will never quench my level of salt!

Haha not necessarily revenues, it's about ensuring that we remain relevant in the algorithm. Yes more revenue is a result of that, but it's not the primary factor - audience growth & sustained viewership is.

Just now, nicklmg said:

Haha not necessarily revenues, it's about ensuring that we remain relevant in the algorithm. Yes more revenue is a result of that, but it's not the primary factor - audience growth & sustained viewership is.

Yeah, yeah, yeah I now, gotta keep up with dem cool kids...I really wonder what they'll think up next though xD

14: 47 - David? What David? Is that Lloyd?

Fan Comparisons          F@H          PCPartPicker         Analysis of Market Trends (Coming soon? Never? Who knows!)

Designing a mITX case. Working on aluminum prototypes.

Open for intern / part-time. Good at maths, CAD and airflow stuff. Dabbled with Python.

Please fill out this form! It helps a ton! https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/841400-the-poll-to-end-all-polls-poll/

On an oddly more serious note, James did a fantastic job with this video. Had me cracking up quite a few times ?

A society's accepted views of the world surrounding said society is both the making and undoing of society itself.
“While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” - Henry C. Link

This video will surely save caselabs.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

How did they solve the IOMMU group problem from last video?

5 hours ago, nicklmg said:

You guys had a Wendell in the office and you didn't pay him for his help with this insanity? Should totally fly him back...

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

500 Internal Server Error

Sorry, something went wrong.

A team of highly trained monkeys has been dispatched to deal with this situation.

If you see them, send them this information as text (screenshots frighten them):

APkpgMW4CjcS9xVxi8vA2jNhIhRR2Bdd9psQMHW0SPSbJg47chgKeSkK
    -M50WKb72X42wnAfxs7UvCWNNWEppWQMLD34mNC1fT5G7umAk1IQft-g
    aTjK73Qu8hjCMDpxcKd_qEcu-dxpeGEgA45_5prCu5cLAKMWPuGcwd0H
    UU2EWyiHqOAAqv8zSP4ffZ6KwYVWhahkjyvqtzsv35y2CpF8qnypBAO3
    H2L9wJLFo82XXJAqMGd4SnvRG0i2-I0EN8dnmeTJ-eNlTBHYPxXNWkp0
    2DAHcM-d7EYZNZXeupZJt2sAX7HgSZL4veVuAwO7ZVvpDWnLBtl9vpp7
    gv8xprdIgEiAoLPQLFYuq8csWG3zeZkRdMrAGlzyUWcHgclwTomzKPvR
    (snip)

Boy Linus wasn't kidding, everything DID go wrong, including youtube being down (9.24PM)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

18 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I keep getting " Sorry - there’s a temporary issue loading your subscriptions. " on my phone and PC sad day

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Umm, you guys killed YouTube ?

Edit:

33 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

You beat me :| Then again I was too busy to watch YT lol...

Hello, Linus!!! Maybe here you will hear me! You should better to install windows multipoint server instead of wasting power onto virtualization!

By using windows multipoint server all of you editors will get all power of this monster server computer simultaniously. 

windows multipint specially developed for this type of applications. 

PS: Thank you for showing for us devices that we will never get :( You have so many amazing computer parts, so maybe you will give me some gift for sharing great idea :)

On 10/17/2018 at 7:07 AM, Daniel c Stone said:

Why not use Windows multipoint server

Same think immideatly go into my head when i fist saw this video. I commented in youtube video about that but not sure if Linus read that.

@LinusTech is it possible to set this up in a more flexible way?

I mean, right now you have assigned 56/6 cores to each machine, right? (theoretically) 

That does mean however, when only 2 machines are running, they still have the same amount of cores and the rest is wasted. Does LimeTech support a way to have it scale with the number of VMs running? 

So that when only 1 machine is in use it gets all the 56 cores? 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List