Getting Banned

IrishDunner

I notice on some posts that posters are banned, what it usually the cause and is it permenent

Breaking CoC would be most common. Troll or spam accounts, mostly just breaking CoC though which includes things like shitposting, spamming, bullying, trolling, purpose misinformation and so on. 

Yea, most people I have seen banned in my day have been banned because of harassment/bullying. Basically getting into argument and using ad hominem is a nice way to get yourself (temporarily) banned here.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, IrishDunner said:

I notice on some posts that posters are banned, what it usually the cause and is it permenent

Breaking the rules is usually the cause.

Length of a ban is between the staff members and the user(s) in question.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

3 hours ago, IrishDunner said:

*cleaning this up just to keep it on topic*

Causes vary from case to case but they all start with breaking the Community Standards severely, and/or repeatedly.  The reasons are not made public.  Keep in mind that anything bad enough to result in that is bad enough to be removed, so if you don't see a reason why they might be banned by looking over their content, that's why.  Finally, I believe that it only shows them as "banned" publicly if it is permanent, yes.  For example, if they are temp banned that won't be visible.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.