Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Game Stuttering vs Data being loaded in mid game?

dlscientist

Hello everyone, I have been hearing a lot of people saying that they are receiving stuttering in games. I too have this problem.  Here are my specs:

Ryzen 7 2700; No overclock stock Settings

PNY Gtx 1080ti;

ASROCK B450M PRO 4 MOTHERBOARD

16 GB OF 2666 DDR4 RAM (2x 8gb modules)

M.2 NVME SSD 119GB (THNSN5128GPU7 TOSHIBA);

4tb ST4000DM005-2DP166 Sata hard drive;

Acer XB281HK Monitor with G-SYNC and V-Sync enabled for all games. 

Short displayport cable that is capable of handling the resolution and framerate. 

1200w Raidmax power supply

I notice the Stuttering in games like PUBG and Battlefield 1 at all resolutions and quality settings even when they are installed on a second ssd in my system. However games like DOOM (2016) and Black ops 4 have no noticeable stutters. I have tried only running a few programs at a time and disabling certain antivirus options in windows defender. However, I am still not Stutter free. Will there always be stutters? Is it the game developers fault? I know disabling certain features for the FX series in the bios helped to eliminate some but I want to see if there is something more obvious I am doing wrong. 

4 minutes ago, dlscientist said:

Hello everyone, I have been hearing a lot of people saying that they are receiving stuttering in games. I too have this problem.  Here are my specs:

Ryzen 7 2700; No overclock stock Settings

PNY Gtx 1080ti;

ASROCK B450M PRO 4 MOTHERBOARD

16 GB OF 2666 DDR4 RAM (2x 8gb modules)

M.2 NVME SSD 119GB (THNSN5128GPU7 TOSHIBA);

4tb ST4000DM005-2DP166 Sata hard drive;

Acer XB281HK Monitor with G-SYNC and V-Sync enabled for all games. 

Short displayport cable that is capable of handling the resolution and framerate. 

1200w Raidmax power supply

I notice the Stuttering in games like PUBG and Battlefield 1 at all resolutions and quality settings even when they are installed on a second ssd in my system. However games like DOOM (2016) and Black ops 4 have no noticeable stutters. I have tried only running a few programs at a time and disabling certain antivirus options in windows defender. However, I am still not Stutter free. Will there always be stutters? Is it the game developers fault? I know disabling certain features for the FX series in the bios helped to eliminate some but I want to see if there is something more obvious I am doing wrong. 

I have the 2700x at stock settings. I have not experienced stuttering at all. Gta v and pubg did not lag or stutter at all. 

Just now, Lordclouds said:

I have the 2700x at stock settings. I have not experienced stuttering at all. Gta v and pubg did not lag or stutter at all. 

Interesting, does the game ever just pause for a split second at all? Is it buttery smooth?

1 minute ago, Lordclouds said:

also I use it to compose music and I have not experiece cut offs due to cpu perfomance

Just now, Lordclouds said:

also I use it to compose music and I have not experiece cut offs due to cpu perfomance

Whats your specs and what programs do you run in the background? Did you change any bios or windows settings?

1 minute ago, dlscientist said:

Interesting, does the game ever just pause for a split second at all? Is it buttery smooth?

Only time it stutter was when I had my old gpu after the switch I realized it was the gpu not the cpu

Just now, dlscientist said:

Whats your specs and what programs do you run in the background? Did you change any bios or windows settings?

My specs are on my profile, typically I have discord,amazon and other apps open. also music

3 minutes ago, Lordclouds said:

Only time it stutter was when I had my old gpu after the switch I realized it was the gpu not the cpu

3 minutes ago, Lordclouds said:

My specs are on my profile, typically I have discord,amazon and other apps open. also music

Interesting, I got my gtx 1080ti from ebay off someone that was probably mining with it. However I have not seen any other issues. Plus certain games have no stutters or pauses at all.