Discord launches new game store in beta - Includes higher tier of Nitro giving access to a games library

niofalpha

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/16/17980810/discord-digital-game-distribution-store-steam-competitor-nitro-subscription-service

he marketplace, simply called Discord Store, is launching with 22 titles, including Team Cherry’s Hollow Knight and other indie gems like Dead Cells and Into The Breach. Five of those 21 titles are labeled “First on Discord” titles, meaning Discord is the primary distribution for those titles at launch.

This is a good thing, Steam and Discord should be in competition since competition is always good.

The list of games including with the $9.99 Discord Nitro includes 

Inside, Torchlight 2, RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, Super Meat Boy, FTL, Metro: Last Light Redux, Limbo, Guacamelle!, Darksiders 2, Bridge Constructor, Tooth And Tail, SOMA, Ashes Of the Singularity, and many more.

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

I just hope they aren't too "in your face" about pushing it in-app. I don't game much, but use discord for a multitude of communities. It'd be annoying to have the new service shoved down my throat.

9 minutes ago, King Poet said:

I just hope they aren't too "in your face" about pushing it in-app. I don't game much, but use discord for a multitude of communities. It'd be annoying to have the new service shoved down my throat.

Upon update it's just a little banner at the top notifying you that they've updated their Terms of Service with the games addition, but you can just click it away and it's gone for good. By litle, I mean literally tiny. 

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

Upon update it's just a little banner at the top notifying you that they've updated their Terms of Service with the games addition, but you can just click it away and it's gone for good. By litle, I mean literally tiny. 

Ah, good. Full screen announcements drive me insane. Small banners are fine.

Now polish up those servers....

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Well I've gotten this twice so far in 30 mins, so there goes my hopes.

Spoiler

image.png.6db8e5c5e72d105adb785dd9faebfdd1.png