kkeinan3

Hi guys, I’m getting the following:-
I7 8700 non-k - 292£
Asrock extreme 4 z370 -140£
Ssd 1tb 860 evo Samsung - 150£ 
2x8gb Corsair vengeance lpx 125£
750w psu evga g3 90£
H5 cyr.. cpu cooler 45£ 
I’m not a gamer and pc build just came as an interest to me..
Some stuff id like to know, I’m not getting any gpu, not oc ram , pc will mainly be use for streaming video online, browsing everyday use, stuff like this,,..
I believe besides the case and monitor keyboard and mouse that’s pretty much everything I need. 
-Is it a good build? 
-Is the 750 w too much ( same price as 650w, so decided on getting the 750 one ) will I be consuming more electricity than usual if I get the higher watts?
-Would i need an expensive cpu cooler or is it just fine considering I’m not gonna do any oc’n.. 
-would I need to add more fans into the cpu case ? 
-Does anyone know this h5 on the atx mob will have any interference on the ram slot.
Everything is ready to buy, is the price correct for the stuff I’m getting or is it overprice, or is it worth waiting a little while to get a better price .
Hopefully this long message make sense to some and I get some info , thanks in advance.. any kind of help appreciated .

This could use some updated parts, but your build makes no sense for your listed use case.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4GHz 6-Core Processor  (£147.60 @ Aria PC) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte - B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard  (£113.34 @ CCL Computers) 
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£134.39 @ CCL Computers) 
Storage: Samsung - 860 Evo 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Video Card: EVGA - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB ACX 2.0 Video Card  (£159.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Case: Fractal Design - Node 304 Mini ITX Tower Case  (£81.99 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  (£70.68 @ Amazon UK) 
Total: £707.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-10-16 14:37 BST+0100

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

it's a very good build more than overkill for watching videos etc!

a 650w and 750w power supply will only draw enough power from the wall that your computer needs, if you wanted to add a graphics card in the future you will have enough to do so.

If your not overclocking the you wont need an expensive cooler unless the intel cooler is too loud then you can invest in other coolers ( I recommend noctua fans I have 2 in a sg13b case and keeps my pc very cool )

you can add more fans in the future if you wish, but isn't necessary what you use your pc for now! ( if you do choose to add a gpu in the future then it might be best to ) 

This pc is overkill for basic day to day use but will last you a long time, you can save money by looking elsewhere or buying older components which are just as good especially for basic use! 

A ryzen 5 or a i5 would be better, look at the pc from @hconverse02  - anything around that would be more suitable and can save you money! but I do recommend buying futureproof hardware so you can upgrade in the future.

1 hour ago, kkeinan3 said:

Hi guys, I’m getting the following:-
I7 8700 non-k - 292£
Asrock extreme 4 z370 -140£
Ssd 1tb 860 evo Samsung - 150£ 
2x8gb Corsair vengeance lpx 125£
750w psu evga g3 90£
H5 cyr.. cpu cooler 45£ 
I’m not a gamer and pc build just came as an interest to me..
Some stuff id like to know, I’m not getting any gpu, not oc ram , pc will mainly be use for streaming video online, browsing everyday use, stuff like this,,..
I believe besides the case and monitor keyboard and mouse that’s pretty much everything I need. 
-Is it a good build? 
-Is the 750 w too much ( same price as 650w, so decided on getting the 750 one ) will I be consuming more electricity than usual if I get the higher watts?
-Would i need an expensive cpu cooler or is it just fine considering I’m not gonna do any oc’n.. 
-would I need to add more fans into the cpu case ? 
-Does anyone know this h5 on the atx mob will have any interference on the ram slot.
Everything is ready to buy, is the price correct for the stuff I’m getting or is it overprice, or is it worth waiting a little while to get a better price .
Hopefully this long message make sense to some and I get some info , thanks in advance.. any kind of help appreciated .

Kinda overkill if not for gaming or browsing.

About streaming video online, are you like a  Twitch Streamer?  Or do you actually just mean watching Netflix and the like? If yes, this rig is still quite overkill.

I would actually go with @hconverse02 suggestion above as a starting point.   Heck, if you want to go cheap you can even go for an AMD APU build without a video card.

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti

I am aware now that my pc build is way overkill for what I intend to do and by overkill i understand it’s a waste of money.. putting aside money or cost of it ( I will overspend), is there any other issues I could be facing if i don’t use them hardware at their max potential ?