Multiple NAS into mesh network, is it possible?

stambamiki

Hi all, 

First off all if there is already this topic pls just send me the link since there are 200+ pages and I couldnt go through all of them.

I am curious if its possible to buy one NAS server and connect it to router for cloud and then buy another NAS server and connect it to the first NAS so that it uses the same port connection on router.
So that means I can later add third NAS and connect it to the second and so on. Of course I understand it will be bottlenecked since all use the same connection but I dont need it for 4K or something, just for pictures and videos to access from multiple devices over internet.

There are cheap NAS servers with 2 Ethernet ports and multiple bay slots (that I am thinking of buying and connecting) and I think hardware wise it should not be a problem so I am guessing there is some software restrictions and therefore solutions if anyone has any experience with this.

Any information or advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

If you just get a unmanaged switch, plug it into your router and then plug each of the NAS servers into the switch. Should allow you to plug in as many NAS devices as you like without using up more than one port on your router.

E.G. http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/networking/switches/home-ethernet-switches/GS208v2.aspx#tab-techspecs

6 hours ago, Meic said:

If you just get a unmanaged switch, plug it into your router and then plug each of the NAS servers into the switch. Should allow you to plug in as many NAS devices as you like without using up more than one port on your router.

E.G. http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/networking/switches/home-ethernet-switches/GS208v2.aspx#tab-techspecs

This, get a switch. They are cheap and do exactly what you need.

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)