Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Final Fantasy 14 achievement

Old School Gamer

I am so glad to finally get clears on this fight. I also got lucky and the staff for Black Mage dropped. 

As someone who isn't a hardcore gamer, I thought this fight tested the limits of my gaming ability. I don't know if I'd have the patience to try any Savage clears. Can anyone tell me how much more difficult Alphascape Savage is compared to Hell's Kier Extreme?  

2018-10-14 (3).png

The Savage raid tiers are more difficult than the Extreme Primals because the Extreme Primals are meant to give you your BIS weapon going into the Savage raid tier

You can probably do O9S with ilvl 360 gear, but you need to have slotted the best materia for your class, have a proper composition for maximizing DPS, and you basically need to play the mechanics more or less perfectly, meaning nobody can die. I didn't clear O9S until my ilvl was around 375 and my team, half of whom had ilvl 380 gear, barely made it.

3 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I didn't clear O9S until my ilvl was around 375 and my team, half of whom had ilvl 380 gear, barely made it.

Oh good, I stopped playing when I was 335 or so. Returning to the game is gonna be fun/s, as it always is. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Although in the end a lot of Savage raid content is basically knowing the mechanics and remembering what you're supposed to do. For O9S, you can literally run through a mental script and win the mechanics because the boss does the same exact thing every time with the only RNG being one of the attacks and which of the two patterns he does first.

It's really just the DPS that screws you over. I think starting this tier, you need to be able to do around 6K-6.8K for DPS classes, 4K-5K for tank classes, and 2.0K or so for healers.