Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

VSYNC causing severe lag in games framerate unstable

budget_nerd
 Share

finally got my alienware 1070 GSYNC-60Hz

i was playing nfs payback and gta5 and with noticed severe frame drops (40 to 60fps) and lags when vsync ON

when vsync OFF fps over 90fps and no lag but noticeable screen tearing

 

any setting or help??  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, budget_nerd said:

finally got my alienware 1070 GSYNC-60Hz

i was playing nfs payback and gta5 and with noticed severe frame drops (40 to 60fps) and lags when vsync ON

when vsync OFF fps over 90fps and no lag but noticeable screen tearing

 

any setting or help??  

 

Does it require setting up first.... (Gsync enabled in Nvidia Control?) prior to actually seeing it in action by default.
 

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

go to Nvidia control panel and use Fast sync instead.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

 

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

 

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

 

Does it require setting up first.... (Gsync enabled in Nvidia Control?) prior to actually seeing it in action by default.
 

yes gsync is enabled in nvidia cp 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jurrunio said:

go to Nvidia control panel and use Fast sync instead.

ok will try it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, budget_nerd said:

finally got my alienware 1070 GSYNC-60Hz

i was playing nfs payback and gta5 and with noticed severe frame drops (40 to 60fps) and lags when vsync ON

when vsync OFF fps over 90fps and no lag but noticeable screen tearing

 

any setting or help??  

first off, Gsync does not help you get a higher framerate. It merely helps 40fps game look as if as they are playing 60fps. GTA 5, despite it old age, is a demanding game but as long as you are not playing on 4k, I don't see how you could dip below 60fps.  

 

3 things may be affecting your fps.

1. higher resolution or high settings <-- most likely scenario

2. Modders/ Cheaters on GTA <-- if there are many users, then your FPS drops. If there are many cheaters, then your fps drops.

This is so because the hackers fiddle with the game engine and your processor is forced to compute more models than they originally planned for that engine. <-- very likely

If you want to test this theory, the FPS on single mode is much higher than the multiplayer

3. thermal throttling <-- get a decent notebook cooler  

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Srnewbee said:

first off, Gsync does not help you get a higher framerate. It merely helps 40fps game look as if as they are playing 60fps. GTA 5, despite it old age, is a demanding game but as long as you are not playing on 4k, I don't see how you could dip below 60fps.  

 

3 things may be affecting your fps.

1. higher resolution or high settings <-- most likely scenario

2. Modders/ Cheaters on GTA <-- if there are many users, then your FPS drops. If there are many cheaters, then your fps drops.

This is so because the hackers fiddle with the game engine and your processor is forced to compute more models than they originally planned for that engine. <-- very likely

If you want to test this theory, the FPS on single mode is much higher than the multiplayer

3. thermal throttling <-- get a decent notebook cooler  

yes the settings are cranked up to max in gta 5 but with vsync-off framerate is over 90 ans no lag and fps drops

why is this happening with vsync-on (btw cpu and gpu useage were below 50% almost every time with vsync-on)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, budget_nerd said:

yes the settings are cranked up to max in gta 5 but with vsync-off framerate is over 90 ans no lag and fps drops

why is this happening with vsync-on (btw cpu and gpu useage were below 50% almost every time with vsync-on)

well if you are positive on what you say is an accurate description then I have no idea. That should not be happening. For now, turn v-sync off and use fast sync as mentioned by jurrunio.

CPU: 8600k @4.9  (1.39v) |  Cooler: NH-U14s | Mobo: Asus Strix z390i | Ram: Gskill DDR4 Trident Z 3600 8GB x 2 16-16-16-36

GPU: Gigabyte G1 1080 GTX | Case: Prodigy ITX | Fans: NH-A14, (exhaust) NH-A12, (intake) NH-A20 (intake)

Samsung EVO 1tb | Samsung EVO 512gb x2 | Intel ssd 128gb

PSU: Powerstation 500W

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×