1080 ti or 2080?

Flawizz

sup lads, i want to buy a 1080ti or a 2080. from the bencmharks i've seen, i can see that the 1080ti gives few more frames per second. im here to ask everyones opinion on which card you would purchase. (lets just ignore the price here). 

if you're asking which game im playing, its Call of Duty: Black ops 4. 

which gpu will perform better. (dont look at price or price/performance)

Do you care about ray tracing?

I don't (this could change who knows), and unless I had a lot more money to throw around I'd go with the 1080ti

thats just me tho

Just now, peacefulpolarbear said:

Do you care about ray tracing?

I don't (this could change who knows), and unless I had a lot more money to throw around I'd go with the 1080ti

thats just me tho

no i dont. even if i did; bo4 doesnt have raytracing settings. and idk but 1080ti is 70€ cheaper than 2080 s

I'd still say the 1080ti is better in terms of performance. Get the next gen to be a guinea pig. 

2 minutes ago, DVA said:

I'd still say the 1080ti is better in terms of performance. Get the next gen to be a guinea pig. 

then how about claims that say nvidia is nerfing 10 series with drivers to boost 20 series sales? 

Just now, Flawizz said:

then how about claims that say nvidia is nerfing 10 series with drivers to boost 20 series sales? 

Its false. Purposely nerfing their own hardware has Never has been true, on AMD or Nvidias side. Bugs happen and drivers can have issues, and get fixed within a few days. Stop reading shitty sites that are clickbaity and refuse to use logic

1 minute ago, Shimejii said:

Its false. Purposely nerfing their own hardware has Never has been true, on AMD or Nvidias side. Bugs happen and drivers can have issues, and get fixed within a few days. Stop reading shitty sites that are clickbaity and refuse to use logic

well i dont own the cards so i cant really believe anyone. and nerfing 10series to boost20series sales is actually logical. still ty :)

Just now, SpiralTTGL said:

if its only 70 €  id go for the newer model tbh

yes for the newer model exactly but it slightly underperforms, thats my main issue. im only looking at fps

1 minute ago, Flawizz said:

well i dont own the cards so i cant really believe anyone. and nerfing 10series to boost20series sales is actually logical. still ty :)

No, its not logical in the least bit, What kind of mindset makes you think that?. Why hurt your current customers that will potentially end up being return customers. You loose out on all Repeat customers, your reputation goes to shit, and you loose SO much credibility. Their sales would TANK as nobody wants to buy a card that will LOOSE performance and get worse by choice

Just now, Shimejii said:

No, its not logical in the least bit, What kind of mindset makes you think that?. Why hurt your current customers that will end up being return customers. You loose out on all Repeat customers, your reputation goes to shit, and you loose SO much credibility. 

yes true. but what if they do it without us knowing. what if our cards are already nerfed but we dont even know

Just now, Flawizz said:

yes true. but what if they do it without us knowing. what if our cards are already nerfed but we dont even know

Thats not likely to happen at all. I pay attention to all my FPS numbers in my games, i notice when there are drops and fix issues that may be causing it. Plus The tech tubers like Gamers Nexus, Hardware Unboxed, and others have Shown time and time again The numbers dont get worse with Drivers, they tend to get better, albeit slightly.

1080 Ti.  Its faster in games now.

2080 will not be sufficient for RTX in games that utilize it extensively going into the future.

1st gen is of something is never a good idea if its not faster than something that is "current gen" at the same price.

Just now, KarathKasun said:

1080 Ti.  Its faster in games now.

2080 will not be sufficient for RTX in games that utilize it extensively going into the future.

1st gen is of something is never a good idea if its not faster than something that is "current gen" at the same price.

its faster in games now, what do you mean by ''NOW''?

2 minutes ago, Flawizz said:

its faster in games now, what do you mean by ''NOW''?

Current gen games, games that are currently on the market.

RTX will not be utilized extensively before the next gen RTX capable cards are launched.  And by that time, the 2080 will not have great performance in RTX titles.

Look at DX9, DX10, DX11, and DX12 launches for evidence of this.  The same rule applied.

For example, the 8800 GTX was successful because it was nearly twice as fast as the previous top end card in games of the time.  However, it was nearly useless for many DX10 games.