Any Good Nintendo Switch Games?

K i a r a

Hey,

Just bought a Switch 3 days ago, And looking to buy some games.

I'm really not a fan of old arcade 2D games, so they are out of the picture.

I Currently own Mario Odyssey, and that is it.

I know there are going to be suggestions for Zelda Breath of The Wild.. But is it really a good game for someone who has never played a Zelda game before.. It looks cool, but being not that big of a fan it never really jumped at me - more so a Mario fan.

Theses are the games I want the most.

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe

Splatoon 2

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Some other games.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. 

Pokémon: Let's Go

Being from Canada it is hard to justify paying $80.00 + Tax = $90 for a video game.. But hey! Lemme know some suggestions! 

M Y  S T U F F

Ryzen  PC |~|  Ryzen 5 1600 | GTX 1060 6GB | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB DDR4 DDR4 2400 x2 |  WD Blue 250GB SSD | Barracuda Pro 2TB  EVGA 650W 80+Gold |

Laptop |~| Legion Y530 | i7-8750H | GTX 1050 Ti 4GB | 16GB DDR4 2666MHz | 128GB SSD | 1 TB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm |

Macbook Air |~| 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 | Intel HD Graphics 6000 | 8GB of 1600MHz  512GB SSD |

Displays |~| AOC G2460VQ6 24" x2|

Keyboard |~| Corsair Gaming K70RGB 

Mouse |~| Razer Lancehead Pink RG

Audio |~| HyperX Cloud II Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X

Microphone |~| Audio Technica AT2035

M y  R e v i e w s 

Lenovo Y530 Legion Laptop.

More Coming Soon...

What games do you like on PC?  Even if you've never played a Zelda game you would probably like it if you've enjoyed anything like Skyrim, The Witcher, Far Cry, etc. - it's a somewhat similar concept (open world non-linear story where you build up abilities and items)

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

What games do you like on PC?  Even if you've never played a Zelda game you would probably like it if you've enjoyed anything like Skyrim, The Witcher, Far Cry, etc. - it's a somewhat similar concept (open world non-linear story where you build up abilities and items)

Id like to give it a shot, But $80.00 is cra cra. 
Although there is a Used option for 60$.. And I have pretty nice coupons for EB Games just tryna figure out what to buy..

Spoiler

image.png.295404355cee4cc0e394f3ddff5c511e.png

M Y  S T U F F

Ryzen  PC |~|  Ryzen 5 1600 | GTX 1060 6GB | G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB DDR4 DDR4 2400 x2 |  WD Blue 250GB SSD | Barracuda Pro 2TB  EVGA 650W 80+Gold |

Laptop |~| Legion Y530 | i7-8750H | GTX 1050 Ti 4GB | 16GB DDR4 2666MHz | 128GB SSD | 1 TB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm |

Macbook Air |~| 2.2GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 | Intel HD Graphics 6000 | 8GB of 1600MHz  512GB SSD |

M y  R e v i e w s 

More Coming Soon...

Just now, SteveGrabowski0 said:

BOTW is pretty unlike any Zelda game I have ever played. It is an open world game really focused on exploration more than anything else.

^^^ I don't own a switch but I've binged a few hours on my friend's before he sold it, and BOTW is an amazingly good game. One of the best open world games I've ever seen, looks gorgeous, feels great to play, and collecting all kinds of stuff is fun. Combat is solid and super fun once you master it too.

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Just now, K i a r a said:

Although there is a Used option for 60$.. And I have pretty nice coupons for EB Games just tryna figure out what to buy..

Hide contents

I hope those aren't the real coupons, that bar-code is completely reconstructable despite your markings

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I honestly don't see BOTW as anything like Far Cry. I have a hard time comparing it anything really. Maybe the ultimate walking simulator with a great physics engine and some side combat and side puzzles?

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

^^^ I don't own a switch but I've binged a few hours on my friend's before he sold it, and BOTW is an amazingly good game. One of the best open world games I've ever seen, looks gorgeous, feels great to play, and collecting all kinds of stuff is fun. Combat is solid and super fun once you master it too.

I didn't enjoy the combat at all in BOTW, especially given the lack of enemy diversity. But the feeling of freedom it gives you in exploration is second to none, I have never played anything comparable in that aspect.

4 minutes ago, K i a r a said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.295404355cee4cc0e394f3ddff5c511e.png

As much as I think the game is overrated it's probably still an essential if you have a Switch or Wii U. I have been gaming since the days of Donkey Kong, Zaxxon, and Ms Pac Man, and I have never played a game like BOTW before. I don't think it's the flawless 10/10 game of the decade that it's hyped up to be by the gaming media, but it's still really an experience unlike any other you'll find in gaming.

20 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

I hope those aren't the real coupons, that bar-code is completely reconstructable despite your markings

Hey, Feel free to use it, wait tell it gets scanned and you have to use your Edge card to activate it with my full name! :)

Also everyone gets the coupon besides the Birthday one - but goodluck trying to use it.

M Y  S T U F F

M y  R e v i e w s 

More Coming Soon...

Just now, K i a r a said:

Hey, Feel free to use it, wait tell it gets scanned and you have to use your Edge card to activate it with my full name! :)

Also everyone gets the coupon besides the Birthday one - but goodluck trying to use it.

Alright xD  Just didn't want to see you go to use them only to find they've been sniped by someone else in the mean time

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Alright xD  Just didn't want to see you go to use them only to find they've been sniped by someone else in the mean time

But yeah, Just to be safe ima remove it cx..

M Y  S T U F F

M y  R e v i e w s 

More Coming Soon...

4 minutes ago, OnyxArmos said:

I'm DYING waiting for Super Smash Bros Ultimate ?  

Still crossing my fingers for Geno, Skull Kid and Steve ;) 

I thought Brawl has been the best Smash game so far (at least my favorite) but that might change soon ?

Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk if you're into dungeon crawler RPGs like me.

The World Ends with You

Whatever Smash Bros is coming out

Splatoon 2

And IMO, that's it for good Switch games that are actually good on the Switch. There are other good games, but the Switch isn't a good console for said games.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.