Tv to Logitech z906

Kris55

Hello All, 

I've been looking online but can't find an answer to my concerns. 

A long while ago I brought a Razer Leviathan sound bar for my bedroom tv, connected via optical. It sounded so bad I disconnected it and it gathered dust for a year until I plugged it into quick pc build I did and wow! Sounded like a different system. 

Brought a z906 for in my living room, connected via optical. But feel worried it won't be the best sound output for the speakers. Luckily - It sounds ok but think it could sound better, is there anything I can buy to ensure the best sound possible from the tv?

Do I need an amplifier? 

I wish a usb soundcard would work on a tv! 

How do you connect your speakers and/ or what would you recommend?

the z906's have their own amp built in..adding a amp wont help any
TheFlyingTraut im sure will pop in...he would know more on what tvs can out when it comes to sound on a tv.

ive never used tv outs for sound..ive always connected sound source to a avr and such
on that note i see it has

Digital optical input: 2

Digital coaxial input: 1

Six-channel direct input: 1

you could try hooking the sound from what your connecting to the tv  directly to the z906's and see if it sounds better?

I think the optical out is as good as you'll get. Maybe you can try tweaking some sound settings in the TV's menu if that's available. Otherwise you'll need to step up to a proper amp/receiver and speaker setup.

Maybe it appeared to sound better on your PC, because you were sitting closer to it and hence could play it at normal volume instead of maybe a bit too loud for its own good? Similar for the Z906 with the TV.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

There is nothing wrong with optical. I run optical from my Bose SoundTouch 300 to my LG Oled. That Logitech system is going to be limited by the room size. You're going to have to run all of those wires in the living room. The problem will come up when you have to turn up the volume quite a bit to "fill the room", as they are truly meant for a smaller room, or like an office. They will work a lot better than the soundbar, because you will have better control of direction of sound, just think that they are not powerful enough to "fill the room". For example, if you take a pair of decent floor speakers, just a left and right, they will sound better than a crappy $100 5.1 system. Sounds more "pure".

Tikker is probably correct about the sounding better on the PC. It's all about perspective. You're not going to have any settings on the TV that you can adjust that make any difference in true sound (other than enabling atmos or something if it supports it, BTW optical does not support atmos, just a quick tid bit)

The Razer soundbar sounded piles different when you sat 3 feet in front of it, well, because that's how it's designed. The issues you will have with the Logitech will stem around the same issue, albeit not as bad. If you are trying to fill a big living space, i.e. living room, I would get a proper soundbar, or receiver/speakers. 

Also, a lot of the sound qualities coming from the tv, have to do with the broadcast itself. Like bluetooth for example. If you hookup bluetooth headphones and are trying to watch over the air cable, it will sound low and like poop. But if you're watching a movie, different experience.

If you have any direct questions, feel free to post here or PM me directly.