Bought Team Group Ram That Came Defective Now They Wont Replace it because I removed the Warranty Stickers

I bought a Team T Force Vulcan DDR4 3000 mhz 2 x 8 gb Ram Kit from outlet PC and it came Defective :/ 
I contacted both Team Group USA and Outlet PC to get my ram replaced and they both stated they cant because I removed the warranty stickers. 
I searched online and saw that warranty stickers don't matter if the unit is defective, that its the manufacturers responsibility to replace defective units. And Outlet PC representative also agreed with me in this aspect.
Am i in the right? Should i take this all the way with the FTC if Team Group doesn't replace my defective unit?

The problem with my RAM is that it has caused the blue screen of death for the past month multiple times. the error being Memory Management and NFTS.sys file. Both micro center and Team Group RMA said there seemed to be a problem with my ram. Meaning hardware not software. 

ram.jpg

what country are you in?

If your in the U.S. this is illegal. Best option is to try to get them to replace. If they won't, file small claims court case, and they will almost certainly just settle for cost of new kit.

6 minutes ago, Bryanhp19 said:

I bought a Team T Force Vulcan DDR4 3000 mhz 2 x 8 gb Ram Kit from outlet PC and it came Defective :/ 
I contacted both Team Group USA and Outlet PC to get my ram replaced and they both stated they cant because I removed the warranty stickers. 
I searched online and saw that warranty stickers don't matter if the unit is defective, that its the manufacturers responsibility to replace defective units. And Outlet PC representative also agreed with me in this aspect.
Am i in the right? Should i take this all the way with the FTC if Team Group doesn't replace my defective unit?

The problem with my RAM is that it has caused the blue screen of death for the past month multiple times. the error being Memory Management and NFTS.sys file. Both micro center and Team Group RMA said there seemed to be a problem with my ram. Meaning hardware not software. 

ram.jpg

I am pretty certain the FTC has deemed "Warranty Stickers" unenforceable.  So I would let TeamGroup know of your intentions of filing a grievance with the FTC.  Their consumer protections usually assign any fines levied to the harmed consumer so if there is a monetary penalty it may work out for you.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

Why'd you remove the warranty stickers in the first place? There's a grey area in the industry about your RMA rights, they say the stickers are illegal, sure... some companies like G.Skill and Corsair whose are known for at least taking their costumers into consideration might let it pass but when you go to other more dodgy companies and less known brands they don't give a ****.

You can go after your local consumer rights authority and all but it'll be time consuming and not certain to get any thing sort out, if you have to go to the common Justice for it you'll spend more than the memory, so tough luck.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

what country are you in?

If your in the U.S. this is illegal. Best option is to try to get them to replace. If they won't, file small claims court case, and they will almost certainly just settle for cost of new kit.

Yeah im in the US and im trying to have them replace it. No response yet : (

5 minutes ago, nick name said:

I am pretty certain the FTC has deemed "Warranty Stickers" unenforceable.  So I would let TeamGroup know of your intentions of filing a grievance with the FTC.  Their consumer protections usually assign any fines levied to the harmed consumer so if there is a monetary penalty it may work out for you.  

Yeah I sent them a email stating my intent to file an FTC Claim if they don't replace my unit. I hope they just send me a new one

Just now, Bryanhp19 said:

Yeah im in the US and im trying to have them replace it. No response yet : (

Give their tech support anouther call and ask for management, tell them thats illegal, and see if they budge.

If not file a small claims case, its easy, and you will probably get a settlement for the cost of a new RAM kit.

5 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Why'd you remove the warranty stickers in the first place? There's a grey area in the industry about your RMA rights, they say the stickers are illegal, sure... some companies like G.Skill and Corsair whose are known for at least taking their costumers into consideration might let it pass but when you go to other more dodgy companies and less known brands they don't give a ****.

You can go after your local consumer rights authority and all but it'll be time consuming and not certain to get any thing sort out, if you have to go to the common Justice for it you'll spend more than the memory, so tough luck.

Honestly i dont know why i removed it was dumb on my part but its unfair that they wont replace my unit since it was defective in the first place. Honestly if the fight gets ugly idk ill see but I hope the FTC claim will suffice 

1 minute ago, Bryanhp19 said:

Yeah I sent them a email stating my intent to file an FTC Claim if they don't replace my unit. I hope they just send me a new one

why bother with FTC? they can't force company to do anything. Small claims court will force them to give a new unit.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

Give their tech support anouther call and ask for management, tell them thats illegal, and see if they budge.

If not file a small claims case, its easy, and you will probably get a settlement for the cost of a new RAM kit.

Got it im going to give that a try at calling their tech support. Thanks :)

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

why bother with FTC? they can't force company to do anything. Small claims court will force them to give a new unit.

Really Ughhhh guess ill look into a small claim since that sounds like the only option

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Do you even know how common Justice works on these cases? Totally worth taking 3 months for a judge to maybe take your side and then have the company appeal it for another couple of months just because they can.

I'm pretty sure he needs memory for his computer sooner than the many months to years this can drag on, even without the cost of a lawyer involved this is time consuming and involves attending the many sessions before the resolve.

Just because there is a law, it doesn't mean things work, when did they ever? In shorts simply don't take the stickers off.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

Do you even know how common Justice works on these cases? Totally worth taking 3 months for a judge to maybe take your side and then have the company appeal it for another couple of months just because they can.

I'm pretty sure he needs memory for his computer sooner than the many months to years this can drag on, even without the cost of a lawyer involved this is time consuming and involves attending the many sessions before the resolve.

this is small claims , there is no lawyers. It gets rid of most of the process.

This will probably never go to trial, they will just settle, it won't take that long.

Thank you for writing EXACTLY what I wrote to try justifying you know something of it lol

This will probably never go to trial, they will just settle, it won't take that long.

You clearly have never gone through it yourself.

Personal Desktop":

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Unless you can get them to settle covering all related court costs it may not be worth the effort.  

On the other side of the coin is that they may never respond and you will get a ruling in your favor because of their absence.  So be sure to cover all your bases when asking for relevant damages.  

AMD Ryzen 5800XFractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 4400CL19 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-14-14-14-30  |  EVGA 3080 FTW3 Hybrid  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

5 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Thank you for writing EXACTLY what I wrote to try justifying you know something of it lol

You clearly have never gone through it yourself.

5 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

3 minutes ago, nick name said:

Unless you can get them to settle covering all related court costs it may not be worth the effort.  

Sounds like there's no point to my struggle I guess. Sigh. I know that small claims will take long and i guess it will be worthless for my struggle but it sucks that I'm gonna be stuck with defective ram and the company wont replace them. I didn't know about the stickers and honestly if I knew i wouldn't have taken it off. 

I know people are asking why take them off but they forget aesthetics can be a large part of an enthusiast's build and those stickers are ugly.

6 minutes ago, nick name said:

I know people are asking why take them off but they forget aesthetics can be a large part of an enthusiast's build and those stickers are ugly.

main reason why i took it off hehe? 

For next time remember that RAM has one of the highest DOA rates for PC parts, and is also one of the most commonly failed parts too.

Never take the sticker off unless you can swallow the cost of a new set, since even if it's illegal to use these stickers, it's basically unenforceable for the average Joe.

REMILIA Mk.IIIE CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X, Cooler: Arctic Freezer II 240 (Noctua NT-H2), RAM: 4x 8Gb sticks of Patriot Viper Steel Series 3600 CL17, Mobo: AsRock X570 Taichi, GPU: Inno3D RTX 3080 iChill x4 10G, Storage: 1TB Intel 670p NVME SSD boot drive, a few 1TB and 512gb SATA/NVME SSDs for game storage, 6 hard drives 1-4 TB, PSU: Corsair RM750 MY2019, Case: Cooler Master Mastercase 5 MC500 (with add-ons, Noctua NF-A14 and Arctic P14 fans), PCIE Cards: Cheap Chinese Marvell 88SE9215 4 port SATA card, Sonnet Allegro USB3.2 Card Monitors: ViewSonic Elite XG270QC (165hz, 1ms MPRT, 1440p, VA, Freesync PP, pneumatic stand), Hp Z27n (IPS, 60hz, 1440p, 8Ms), iiyama G2530HSU-B (75Hz, Freesync, one in landscape, one in Portrait, all on pneumatic monitor stands).

Mic: iSK UPM-1 USB XLR interface with Neewer NW700, Audio: Sabaj A3 160W DAC/AMP + Wharfdale Diamond 220 + Mission MS6 Sub, ifi Zen DAC v2 + ifi Zen CAN, Littledot Mk.II (w/ Soviet Power tubes and British Mulard M8100s/Soviet Voshkod 6JP-EV/ American General Electric JAN 5654W dependent on mood), Sendy Aiva (Primary), Beyer Dynamic DT990 250ohm Black Special Edition, Audeze EL-8 Open Back, Sennheiser HD598SE (modified to be a headset, snapped headband held together with gorilla tape), Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 600, Keyboard: Glorious GMMK ISO with Mengmoda MMD Tactile (main) and Kailh Box Navy (Function keys), Tribosys 3203 brush lubed, Taihao Green forest caps.

KOAKUMA Mk.IB (24/7 Folding Slave PC made of spare parts): CPU: Core i7 4770, Cooler: Some small antex cooler with 80mm fan, RAM: 2x 4Gb Sticks of 2400Mhz DDR3, Mobo: Asus H81i-Plus, GPU: R9 390 Nitro+ (barely fits in case), Storage: 256gb Korean no-name SATA SSD, PSU: Corsair CX550 (Gray label), Case: Antec ISK600 ITX case. [Given away to friend]

5 minutes ago, ibabyslapper said:

For next time remember that RAM has one of the highest DOA rates for PC parts, and is also one of the most commonly failed parts too.

Never take the sticker off unless you can swallow the cost of a new set, since even if it's illegal to use these stickers, it's basically unenforceable for the average Joe.

I don't know if I agree with it being a commonly failed part.  Everything I have ever seen points to it being very difficult to break and as such many vendors offer lifetime warranties on their RAM.  

7 minutes ago, ibabyslapper said:

Noted :( Ill remember this

1 minute ago, nick name said:

I don't know if I agree with it being a commonly failed part.  Everything I have ever seen points to it being very difficult to break and as such many vendors offer lifetime warranties on their RAM.  

and i wish that Team Force had that warranty too but i guess they dont. How good is g skill? or whats some recommended ram brands?

Hi Bryan,

Sorry for all the inconveniences.
We’ve already informed our RMA department to solve this issue immediately and they will contact you very soon. 
Thank you for choosing our products. We will try our best to provide the best products and service. 

TEAMGROUP

11 hours ago, Bryanhp19 said:

Noted :( Ill remember this

and i wish that Team Force had that warranty too but i guess they dont. How good is g skill? or whats some recommended ram brands?

G.Skill is great, i bought my ram through Amazon and i got a defective set, this was replace in a few days. Haven't had any issues. 

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro