2200g PCI-e lanes

NotAVAP

Nothing Pascal and below, basically.

Nothing short of the Titan V (biggest GPU die) will be affected in the slightest. 

Titan V is the first on to be affected by 8x PCIe, and it really isnt affected much

24 minutes ago, NotAVAP said:

It's not going to matter, just don't load it up with NVME SSDs

What's your parts list, budget, and country though? There's only a few motherboards worth buying.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

What's your parts list, budget, and country though? There's only a few motherboards worth buying.

I've already talked about my setup on this forum and it's nothing spectacular. My budget is only $650, but I'm waiting for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

I live in Czech Republic but it doesn't matter, because every PC component is more expensive than if I were to ship it from the USA. For instance if I tried to buy a $60 b350 mobo, it would cost me $118 in my home town. Same goes for everything else and don't even make me start on GPUs or prebuilds.

13 minutes ago, NotAVAP said:

I've already talked about my setup on this forum and it's nothing spectacular. My budget is only $650, but I'm waiting for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

I live in Czech Republic but it doesn't matter, because every PC component is more expensive than if I were to ship it from the USA. For instance if I tried to buy a $60 b350 mobo, it would cost me $118 in my home town. Same goes for everything else and don't even make me start on GPUs or prebuilds.

Just make sure the board has VRM heatsinks like the ASrock Pro 4 or MSI Tomahawk, and make sure you ram is as close to 3200mhz as you can get for the price.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

Just make sure the board has VRM heatsinks like the ASrock Pro 4 or MSI Tomahawk, and make sure you ram is as close to 3200mhz as you can get for the price.

Going with a b450 tomahawk and 1x8gb ddr4 3000 MHz and after Xmas upgrading to 2x8gb (same stick etc.)

6 minutes ago, NotAVAP said:

Going with a b450 tomahawk and 1x8gb ddr4 3000 MHz and after Xmas upgrading to 2x8gb (same stick etc.)

I mean I guess on the RAM front, but you lose half your APU's performance going with single channel memory.

Spoiler

I mean I guess on the RAM front, but you lose half your APU's performance going with single channel memory.

The iGPU is going to be just a backup. I plan on using this rig as a test bench/gaming hybrid. Since I already have a couple of older GPUs laying around (maxwell, haswell, polaris and pascal)

2 minutes ago, NotAVAP said:

The iGPU is going to be just a backup. I plan on using this rig as a test bench/gaming hybrid. Since I already have a couple of older GPUs laying around (maxwell, haswell, polaris and pascal)

If you don't really need the GPU part just get an R5 1600 or 2600?

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

If you don't really need the GPU part just get an R5 1600 or 2600?

The problem is, that in Czech Republic 1600/2600 both cost well over US $240. I'm surprised that the 2200g costs only $105 at a local store

2 minutes ago, NotAVAP said:

The problem is, that in Czech Republic 1600/2600 both cost well over US $240. I'm surprised that the 2200g costs only $105 at a local store

But consider how long it'll be before you'd have to replace the 6 core/12 thread CPU though, maybe check the used market?

Spoiler

But consider how long it'll be before you'd have to replace the 6 core/12 thread CPU though, maybe check the used market?

Used market doesn't exist. Craigslist is only avalible in our capital and no one sells usable computer parts there. And since I also want to buy an rx 580 4gb it makes the price $620

22 minutes ago, NotAVAP said:

Used market doesn't exist. Craigslist is only avalible in our capital and no one sells usable computer parts there. And since I also want to buy an rx 580 4gb it makes the price $620

Going to guess the RX 570 isn't cheap either?

But I'd wait to see what the RX 590 or 600 series offers, it's coming soonish, and you at least have the integrated graphics for now.

Spoiler

Going to guess the RX 570 isn't cheap either?

But I'd wait to see what the RX 590 or 600 series offers, it's coming soonish, and you at least have the integrated graphics for now.

The rx 570 4gb is around $246 and as I said, I'm waiting for the Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

As long as you're only running a gpu off those pcie lanes , then it won't matter.

If you need to run other pcie devices just use the chipset lanes

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

17 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

As long as you're only running a gpu off those pcie lanes , then it won't matter.

If you need to run other pcie devices just use the chipset lanes

I probably wont use a capture/sound card. WiFi is not a problem since I'll be using an ethernet cable. SLI/Crossfire is a no from me.

• 6 months later...
On 10/15/2018 at 12:22 PM, Streetguru said:

Is there no way of using both a graphics card and an NVMe SSD with this CPU?

You can have something double the speed of a 2080ti and it will probably effect it less than 10%.  I had a machine with a 1070ti at 2.0x4 for a month or so until  I switched out motherboards with better spacing.  It was about a 10% hit ant that is only 25% the bandwidth of 3.0x8!

AMD 7950x / Asus Strix B650E / 64GB @ 6000c30 / 2TB Samsung 980 Pro Heatsink 4.0x4 / 7.68TB Samsung PM9A3 / 3.84TB Samsung PM983 / 44TB Synology 1522+ / MSI Gaming Trio 4090 / EVGA G6 1000w /Thermaltake View71 / LG C1 48in OLED

Custom water loop EK Vector AM4, D5 pump, Coolstream 420 radiator

15 hours ago, LinhoDemos said:

Is there no way of using both a graphics card and an NVMe SSD with this CPU?

You can use a GPU and an NVME SSD, just don't expect 3500MB/s from multiple NVME SSDs basically.

Spoiler

On 10/15/2018 at 5:57 PM, NotAVAP said:

Hey guys, 

I'm building my own rig right now and I just found out that the Ryzen 3 2200g has only PCI-e x8.

My question is at what GPU level (e.g 1060 6 gb, rx 580 8gb, 1070 ti) is it going to affect GPU performance?

Well, in Total it has 16 Lanes. 4 for Chipset, another 4 IIRC for M.2 PCIe SSD.

As for the PCIe Lanes, honestly.
Don't worry too much about it. For single GPU System its mostly irrelevant. Just get whatever you feel like it. Personally I'd look for a cheap but awesome VEGA56.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 hour ago, Stefan Payne said:

Well, in Total it has 16 Lanes. 4 for Chipset, another 4 IIRC for M.2 PCIe SSD.

As for the PCIe Lanes, honestly.
Don't worry too much about it. For single GPU System its mostly irrelevant. Just get whatever you feel like it. Personally I'd look for a cheap but awesome VEGA56.

Looks like I luckily fell in the right direction that I choose 2200G.

I'm greatly above potato, but I'm getting there...

Midrange Potato LVL 60:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 with Snowman MT-6 Dual Fans (CPU @ 3.8 GHz - 4.375 GHz to 4.5 GHz @ 1.1V - 1.35V),

MOBO: MSI B550-A Pro
GPU: Asrock RX 5600 XT Phantom Gaming D3 (1820MHz core @930mV)

RAM: TeamGroup T-Force Delta DDR4 Gaming 16GB (2x8GB) 3000MHz 16-17-17-37-58 @ 1.35V,

HARD DRIVE: WD 1TB Blue 
SSD: Toshiba XG5 Series NVMe 512GB (KXG50GVN512G) & Crucial MX500 1TB

CASE: DeepCool Kendomen Titanium case
PSU: Corsair RM-750 (2019) 80+ Gold

Display: Asus VP249QGR via HDMI (144Hz)

Keyboard: Generic PS/2 Keyboard

Mouse: Generic Honeycomb 250Hz Mouse
Speakers: Generic Headset

And yes, there are now fans. 5 Arctic P12 PST's

Userbenchmark Run: 
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25234338 I don't trust that site anymore