BIOS automatically getting reset on Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P

Hello friends,

I have an old H61 motherboard with which I am having a little problem, my BIOS is automatically getting reset. At first it was running well until yesterday, when I tried to turn it on, it was not turning on(I mean nothing happened, even the CPU fan didn't spin) then I took out the CMOS battery and put it again and cleared the CMOS using the jumper and then it turned on, but a new problem showed up, the bios gets reset after a power cut from the wall but if I turn it off from the motherboard or restart it all setting stays. I also tried changing the CMOS battery, updated the BIOS, nothing happened. I checked all other components like the CPU, Power Supply, RAM in an another system, it's all fine.

My board is- Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2P (rev 2.1)

Thanks in advance.

You didn't leave the jumper in the reset position did you?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

33 minutes ago, Ridhanta said:

No, I took it off

What's the shortest interval the BIOS gets reset after? If you shut down from BIOS and boot right away, does it immediately forget the settings?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

It forgets everything only if I cut the power (means if I take out the plug from the wall).

1 minute ago, Ridhanta said:

It forgets everything only if I cut the power (means if I take out the plug from the wall).

I would think it's a motheboard problem then, the onboard flash doesn't seem to be getting power from the battery.

Primary PC:

36 minutes ago, Lord Letto said:

Did you try replacing the battery with a new one? Battery is possibly dead & needs to be replaced.

Yes

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

I would think it's a motheboard problem then, the onboard flash doesn't seem to be getting power from the battery.

I too think that. But the time is not getting reset untill I pull out the battery, and if the battery is bad then the system should not also start, which is not the case here. I think I will get a digonoistic card to check the problem.