Mechanical rgb keyboard; Alloy Elite, MK750, G810, K70 Lux or M750?

Odinn21

Hello there. I'm looking for a red switch keyboard. (I know M750 and G810 have their different kind of switches) I tried out switches, so I know I'll be comfortable with red switches but I actually never owned a mechanical keyboard. This'll be my first and I want it to be cool TBH. (I know there are customizable choices for such thing but there isn't one within affordable price range in the country I live in.)

Although, I'm big on keyboard's coolness, I'm bigger on build quality because I want to use it for at least 3-4 for years. It's a major spending for me and I won't be able to change it on a whim.

Here's the list of my options with their price tags;

HyperX Alloy Elite / 755 bucks (810 bucks on website of a more trusted seller)

Logitech G810 Orion / 770 bucks

Corsair K70 Lux / 835 bucks

Steelseries Apex M750 / 900 bucks

Cooler Master MK750 / 910 bucks

As far as looks go, I'm between HyperX and CM. I don't know why, but when I was building my case 2 years ago I preferred Corsair over CM as a company (for power supply). Now, I feel like CM as a company looking better to me. It's not a knock on Hyperx, but Corsair, though.

I'd like to get answers with considering prices and without considering prices.

(English isn't my native language. So, sorry for anything can lead to misunderstanding.)

45 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Not M750 because no dedicated media keys

Not G810 because the switches are more like browns than reds. Also non standard keycaps

Not K70 Lux because huge ugly lettering and non standard bottom row keycap width

Alloy Elite has USB pass-through, more media/function buttons and a volume wheel but cable is thick and cannot be detached. Wristrest clips on and keycaps are painted.

MK750 has fewer dedicated media keys and no volume wheel. Extreme minimalist design, with almost no empty space to even put its brand logo. Cable is thin braided USB-C that is detachable and easy to replace. Wristrest is magnetic and keycaps are double-shot PBT.

For you, I'd pick the MK750 because the keycaps are both long lasting and easy to replace, as well as the replaceable cable.

Thanks for your input. The reasons you listed why I’m between Alloy Elite and MK750. Especially dedicated media buttons. I always listen to some music, even while gaming(depending on the game surely). But I didn’t want to exclude them straight off because I tend to give benefit of the doubt when I’m not knowledgeable enough to have a healthy opinion. For example, I didn’t know about the keycaps. That’s why I got here to ask and learn. :)

Do you think MK750 is worth ~100 bucks more for my situation? 

The K70 LUX does offer a USB pass-through and dedicated media keys with a volume scroll wheel for easy adjustment when needed.  We've actually released a new version called the K70 RGB MK.2, and added some new features that were originally exclusive to the flagship K95 Platinum RGB.  The new K70 MK.2 keyboard includes hardware playback (3 remap and lighting profiles saved to keyboard), revised media keys for easier actuation, and an X-channel cable management backplate.  This is our 4th generation of the K70 keyboard only because we are consistently adding more features.  Let me know if you have any questions about the K70, or any of our either products, and I can help you out.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

14 hours ago, huilun02 said:

Volume wheel is usually only used outside of games when listening to music. Because when playing, its going to affect both the music and game sound.

To be looking at these high end keyboards in the first place, the cost premium to get a preference or minor feature is usually ignored. For your case, you are paying more to get a more robust product. If longevity is what I am looking for, I would rather pay the extra ~13% and not worry about the keycap paint chipping off, wristrest clip breaking off, or cable getting damaged within the years of use.

Like I said, thanks for your input. Very much. It helped me a lot with my evaluation. 

(Corsair Nick, I know you are trying to do your job but you shouldn’t just try to advertise that blatantly. You don’t even know where I live and if I have MK2 or K95 at my disposal. I can’t speak for general but this kind of advertising makes me don’t want to buy that company’s product.) 

6 hours ago, Odinn21 said:

Corsair Nick, I know you are trying to do your job but you shouldn’t just try to advertise that blatantly

From the industry affiliate code of conduct:

Industry Affiliates may not recommend their own products to a user who is not already specifically asking about them. When that happens, the Industry Affiliate may clarify the features and value of his or her products, as well as help the Original Poster to understand the similar products that are also available within their product stack. This should not be interpreted as an opportunity to "upsell" and only educational information with a basis in fact will be acceptable

So what @Corsair Nick is doing is allowed, imo. 

:)

1 hour ago, seon123 said:

From the industry affiliate code of conduct:

So what @Corsair Nick is doing is allowed, imo. 

Did you see my first post in the thread? English isn’t my native language and I think I mispresented my opinion with wrong choice of word. I’m not against advertising. I got uncomfortable because how he did it. Not that he did it. Only his first sentence is related to my situation in his entire post. 

1 hour ago, Odinn21 said:

Did you see my first post in the thread? English isn’t my native language and I think I mispresented my opinion with wrong choice of word. I’m not against advertising. I got uncomfortable because how he did it. Not that he did it. Only his first sentence is related to my situation in his entire post. 

@Odinn21 I meant no offense to you with my post, and here merely to help answer questions, and provide appropriate information about our products.  My intention with presenting you with detailed information about the MK.2 is to ensure you are aware that the original product has been replaced, and what the key differences are.  I would hate to respond to a post regarding purchasing an older product, and you possibly regret the purchase because you were not properly informed a newer option was available.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

On 10/16/2018 at 7:53 PM, Corsair Nick said:

@Odinn21 I meant no offense to you with my post, and here merely to help answer questions, and provide appropriate information about our products.  My intention with presenting you with detailed information about the MK.2 is to ensure you are aware that the original product has been replaced, and what the key differences are.  I would hate to respond to a post regarding purchasing an older product, and you possibly regret the purchase because you were not properly informed a newer option was available. 

Sorry, if I sounded offensive. I live in Turkey where we've been experiencing an economic meltdown in the last few months and exchange rate got skyrocketed. I got too defensive because your suggestions weren't able to hold a meaning cause of that. I mean, look at the prices; K70 Lux 830 bucks / K70 MK.2 1040 bucks / K95 Platinum 1440 bucks. How and why would I look at MK.2 or K95? Even though I marked @huilun02's answer is the best, I'm still not sure about MK750 because it costs 150 bucks more than Alloy Elite and the keyboards you were promoting meaning that I'm going further. That's what and why I didn't like.