Help with connecting speakers to PC

germgoatz

So I found these old, but decent speakers, and I want to hook them up to my PC, but I can't seem to get any signal to the speakers. Since the speakers have one RCA cable, I assumed it was mono so I bought a Monoprice Mono RCA to 3.5 mm adapter, but I don't get any audio from the speakers, yet it shows up in the Windows Sound thing. The speakers are Boston BA745's.

hi

boston.jpg.82406875527f32ba36a0ee1018131040.jpg

I found it on internet.

As I see - there is RCA connector, for sure, but not for connecting to computer, but for connecting right speaker to left one.

Then you must connect your speakers using jack cable.

29 minutes ago, germgoatz said:

So I found these old, but decent speakers (...)

No, you found old and crappy speakers. They're not decent at all and you'll be disappointed when you'll hear them.

Correction to myself, they are the BA645's. Sorry about that.

2 minutes ago, homeap5 said:

No, you found old and crappy speakers. They're not decent at all and you'll be disappointed when you hear them.

I probably will be disappointed, but eh whatever, I don't have anything to lose at this point. 

hi

5 minutes ago, germgoatz said:

Correction to myself, they are the BA645's. Sorry about that.

That doesn't matter. RCA is for connect them all together (it's 2+1 set). If you have no main speaker with all connections at back, then you cannot connect them to your computer.

5 minutes ago, germgoatz said:

I don't have anything to lose at this point. 

Well, your ears can fall off. :)

um question. do you have the control in plug? that is what connects to the out of the pc

21 hours ago, circeseye said:

um question. do you have the control in plug? that is what connects to the out of the pc

Yes I do, funny thing is that the speakers and sub worked with a bluray player, but not with my PC. I might need a sound card with RCA out, but idk if its worth it at this point.

hi