Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can the quadro do ray tracing?

Galion

I know my cousin uses quadro to do his animation work but can it do what the rtx 2080ti do? 

Can it game too? 

Like the rtx, or is it only for pixel calculations and 3d projects? 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

6 minutes ago, Galion said:

I know my cousin uses quadro to do his animation work but can it do what the rtx 2080ti do? 

Can it game too? 

what do you mean ?
Ray tracing in renders ?
or just gaming ?

and.. witch quaddro ?

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

It can do raytracing/pathtracing, but it is much slower than the new cards due to how the new Turing cards have dedicated hardware. 

Regular graphics card like pascal and polaris (this includes the quadrocards) can do raytracing, but they bruteforce it through compute. Unlike Turing in the RTx 2080ti that uses dedicated hardware to do raytracing in conjuction with regular compute to do realtime raytracing.

RTX is at this point the only cards that can properly game while raytracing.

Other cards are for rendering only, with a couple of exceptions

11 minutes ago, Galion said:

Can it game too? 

The Quadro RTX models do ray tracing, all others don't. Yes, they can game.

image.png.e6784ee962e6790fd6d62fc00cc8ef93.png

Source: Wiki fuqqin Pedia

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X MSI B550M Mortar 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04

8 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

RTX is at this point the only cards that can properly game while raytracing.

wouldn't call it properly, but yes

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

What is scaling and how does it work? Asus PB287Q unboxing! Console alternatives :D Watch Netflix with Kodi on Arch Linux Sharing folders over the internet using SSH Beginner's Guide To LTT (by iamdarkyoshi)

Sauron'stm Product Scores:

Spoiler

Just a list of my personal scores for some products, in no particular order, with brief comments. I just got the idea to do them so they aren't many for now :)

Don't take these as complete reviews or final truths - they are just my personal impressions on products I may or may not have used, summed up in a couple of sentences and a rough score. All scores take into account the unit's price and time of release, heavily so, therefore don't expect absolute performance to be reflected here.

-Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - [8/10]

Spoiler

A durable and reliable machine that is relatively lightweight, has all the hardware it needs to never feel sluggish and has a great IPS matte screen. Downsides are mostly due to its age, most notably the screen resolution of 1366x768 and usb 2.0 ports.

-Apple Macbook (2015) - [Garbage -/10]

Spoiler

From my perspective, this product has no redeeming factors given its price and the competition. It is underpowered, overpriced, impractical due to its single port and is made redundant even by Apple's own iPad pro line.

-OnePlus X - [7/10]

Spoiler

A good phone for the price. It does everything I (and most people) need without being sluggish and has no particularly bad flaws. The lack of recent software updates and relatively barebones feature kit (most notably the lack of 5GHz wifi, biometric sensors and backlight for the capacitive buttons) prevent it from being exceptional.

-Microsoft Surface Book 2 - [Garbage - -/10]

Spoiler

Overpriced and rushed, offers nothing notable compared to the competition, doesn't come with an adequate charger despite the premium price. Worse than the Macbook for not even offering the small plus sides of having macOS. Buy a Razer Blade if you want high performance in a (relatively) light package.

-Intel Core i7 2600/k - [9/10]

Spoiler

Quite possibly Intel's best product launch ever. It had all the bleeding edge features of the time, it came with a very significant performance improvement over its predecessor and it had a soldered heatspreader, allowing for efficient cooling and great overclocking. Even the "locked" version could be overclocked through the multiplier within (quite reasonable) limits.

-Apple iPad Pro - [5/10]

Spoiler

A pretty good product, sunk by its price (plus the extra cost of the physical keyboard and the pencil). Buy it if you don't mind the Apple tax and are looking for a very light office machine with an excellent digitizer. Particularly good for rich students. Bad for cheap tinkerers like myself.

18 minutes ago, Sauron said:

i wanted to say "raytracing", but in reality it is a mix of raytracing and rastrization. 

there are demoes of real-time pathtracing. it requires a lot of horsepower(dont remember exactly, think it was a pair of 1080tis) for roughly 2 fps, but software engineers say they can up that to around 8fps. not terrible considering Pascal isnt the best for compute.

not that this at any rate translates to gaming with realtime-raytracing

Edited by GoldenLag
forgot stuff

24 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

The Quadro RTX models do ray tracing, all others don't. Yes, they can game.

image.png.e6784ee962e6790fd6d62fc00cc8ef93.png

Source: Wiki fuqqin Pedia

Quadro P4000

15 minutes ago, Sauron said:

>.<

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

23 minutes ago, Galion said:

Quadro P4000

>.<

No ray tracing on Pascal. Too old. Gaming wise, it's roughly a GTX1060 6GB.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X MSI B550M Mortar 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04