Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I need recommendation of a laptop around $900

Greetings,

 

I am looking forward to buying a new laptop because my current one is almost dead.

My price range is around $900

I am looking for in a laptop:

  • Great price to performance
  • Adequate cooling (don't care for thin and lights)
  • Build quality and aesthetics don't bother me (laptop should just survive atleast 4 years)
  • Should last long
  • Have good amount of ports
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

so no gaming?

 

i7-8700k @ 5GHz || MSI Z370 Sli Plus || Gigabyte G1 Gaming GeForce GTX 1080 || 250GB 970 EVO NVMe SSD, 250GB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Black HDD, 4TB WD Blue HDD

Corsair Vengeance RGB CL141818 3200Mhz 2x8GB || Corsair Obsidian 500d RGB SE || Corsair H150i || Corsair RM750x || Acer Predator XB241H, Acer G257HL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Syed Mustafa Ahmed said:

Greetings,

 

I am looking forward to buying a new laptop because my current one is almost dead.

My price range is around $900

I am looking for in a laptop:

  • Great price to performance
  • Adequate cooling (don't care for thin and lights)
  • Build quality and aesthetics don't bother me (laptop should just survive atleast 4 years)
  • Should last long
  • Have good amount of ports

Lenovo s330 ryzen 7 laptops. they have great I/O with type c and a dedicated GPU on board and can be picked up at staples for like 400-600USD. so take that savings and put it into an ssd and swap out the 1tb hdd that it comes with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Turretgaming said:

Lenovo s330 ryzen 7 laptops. they have great I/O with type c and a dedicated GPU on board and can be picked up at staples for like 400-600USD. so take that savings and put it into an ssd and swap out the 1tb hdd that it comes with.

Thanks.
I will look it up.

 

Personally I was looking into the Dell G7 but more options are always better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Where are you from? Any preference on weight and battery life?

My Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Nvidia RTX3060Ti 8GB PNY XLR8 Gaming Epic-X RGB 16GB (8X2) 3200MHz CL16 Team Group MP33 Pro 1TB
ID-Cooling SE-224-XT White Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX Tecware Forge M2 mATX White Case Montech Century 650W Gold

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 5:51 PM, GeneXiS_X said:

Where are you from? Any preference on weight and battery life?

From East Asia.

I have no preference for battery. I am usually near a power source.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like any lenovo Thinkpad would be perfect for you, I don't know the prices in East Asia tho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, daanneek said:

I feel like any lenovo Thinkpad would be perfect for you, I don't know the prices in East Asia tho.

I thought of thinkpads as well.

Just don't know which model is the best for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Syed Mustafa Ahmed said:

From East Asia.

I have no preference for battery. I am usually near a power source.

Any links of online stores? No preference on weight?

My Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Nvidia RTX3060Ti 8GB PNY XLR8 Gaming Epic-X RGB 16GB (8X2) 3200MHz CL16 Team Group MP33 Pro 1TB
ID-Cooling SE-224-XT White Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX Tecware Forge M2 mATX White Case Montech Century 650W Gold

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×