Gigabyte RTX 2080 Gaming OC fans not turning on

Hey everyone, so I was just upgraded to a 2080 from a 1080 Ti for free as the old one crapped out and they didn't have a replacement model in stock. Awesome.

However, after downloading the Aorus tuning app off of Gigabyte's website and running the scan function, then manually setting the fan speed to 100% (for example) there is no change... The fans just stay at 0rpm. The temps slowly climb until the System displays whatever I'm doing at about 1/4fps then shuts the display off. Needless to say I've hardly turned it on since as I don't want to do any damage.

I'm honestly so confused and don't know where to start but I'll be talking to Gigabyte when they're available. Any ideas in the meantime?

I had an issue with a 0rpm fan on a psu never spinning up causing my system to shut off, I sent that back and got a refund, sounds like you should do the same

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools - Douglas Adams

10 hours ago, Jekub said:

I had an issue with a 0rpm fan on a psu never spinning up causing my system to shut off, I sent that back and got a refund, sounds like you should do the same

Yeah thank you, will do!