How to fix lag on all games

Carz728

I have recently made my first computer 8gb of ram a vega 56 ad a core i5 8400. At first this computer worked pretty well but now all games are basically unplayable with consistent lag and frame drops. What could be causing this?

Have you checked that the games are using your GPU and not the integrated graphics of your CPU?

Check what your RAM and CPU usage is in games.  Anything maxed out while the games are struggling?   

Did you update any drivers recently?  Any apps running in the background?   Virus or malware?  Fresh install of Windows?  Could literally be anything so without more info... 

Ryzen 2600 - Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 - Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - Corsair Force MP500 NVMe PCIe M.2 240GB - 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB - 

AsRock B450 PRO4 - Deepcool Earlkase Case -  Seasonic Foucus+ 650

3 hours ago, Tomthehitman said:

Have you checked that the games are using your GPU and not the integrated graphics of your CPU?

I am pretty sure it is using the graphics card because the graphics look fine its just that there is framedrops.

3 hours ago, Reznik said:

Check what your RAM and CPU usage is in games.  Anything maxed out while the games are struggling?   

Did you update any drivers recently?  Any apps running in the background?   Virus or malware?  Fresh install of Windows?  Could literally be anything so without more info... 

No viruss are detected on my computer gpu runs anywhere from 50 to 70% and cpu 40 to 75% is this normal

2 minutes ago, Carz728 said:

I am pretty sure it is using the graphics card because the graphics look fine its just that there is framedrops.

is your monitor connected to the GPU or your Motherboard?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

59 minutes ago, Carz728 said:

Yes

...normally when someone gives you a multiple choice question, you respond with one of the options.

1. The cable goes from your display to your motherboard.
  2. The cable goes from your display to your GPU

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 10/14/2018 at 10:41 PM, Arika S said:

is your monitor connected to the GPU or your Motherboard?

Oh sorry my GPU is connected directly to my monitor