What Annoyed You Today?

Cereal5
8 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

Because plots of films and other works of entertainment are exactly the same as mundane gossip. Great point.

Sudo make me a sandwich 

4 hours ago, Drak3 said:

How shitty BO4 is.

God agreed. I heard they were removing regenerating health and increasing max HP to 150 and I was legitimately excited, as I figured it'd finally be a departure from the near instakill laser beam guns of past games. But nope, they made you carry a syringe up your ass 24/7 that recharges in like 3 seconds, and they upped weapon damage to compensate for higher health. What the fuck is the point of increasing the max HP if you're gonna just increase weapon damage along with it? And what's the point of taking away regenerating health when you're not gonna add traditional health packs? Also fuck their shitty 10 tickrate Blackout servers. You're the biggest franchise in the world and make trillions a year, and you can't even make proper servers for your forced Battle Royale mode? Fuck Treyarch and fuck Activision, I'm done with their shit.

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

People not seeing Courage the Cowardly Dog in @Arika S's profile pic.

2 minutes ago, King Poet said:

you, stop that

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

you, stop that

I thought it was Mcdonald's Grimace.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

you, stop that

Stop, you've violated the law!

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

18 minutes ago, King Poet said:

Now I can't unsee it.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

Just now, bleedblue said:

Now I can't unsee it.

great, now i'm going to have to change my profile picture.

so what annoyed me today: i have to change my profile picture because people keep seeing courage the cowardly dog

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

The soccer mom who almost hit me because she didn't remain stopped at the stop sign. I was driving in from a lane that had a sign saying "Traffic Does Not Stop"

CPU: i7 9700K GPU: MSI RTX 2080 SUPER VENTUS Motherboard: ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 4 RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 3000MHz Storage: ADATA SU630 480GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe 1TB + WD Blue 1TB PSU: HighPower 80+ Gold 650W Case: Slate MR Mirror Finish OS: Windows 11 Pro Monitor: Dell S2716DGR 27" Mouse: Logitech G300s Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Cherry MX Brown Speakers: Bose Companion 2 Series III Headset: HyperX Cloud Revolver Microphone: Razer Seiren X

2 hours ago, bleedblue said:

Now I can't unsee it.

But I can't see it..

On 10/14/2018 at 5:14 PM, seon123 said:

...It's like noone proofread the book before printing it. 

People who spell "no one" as "noone". Every time I see it, I'm tempted to ask, "Who the heck is Noone?"

Now that I'm old enough to sleep as long as I want whenever I want, my idiot bladder wakes me up every two hours. I now "affectionately" refer it as my alarm bladder. 

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

7 hours ago, HingaDingaDurgen said:

and they upped weapon damage to compensate for higher health

The time to kill on BO4 is horrendously long, and total bullshot, so if they did up the damage, they ruined hit detection even more.

7 hours ago, HingaDingaDurgen said:

And what's the point of taking away regenerating health when you're not gonna add traditional health packs?

"Adding a layer of realism" or some byllshit like that, but non regen health is a staple of Battle Royal and BO4 still has the older game modes, so they found a happy medium of bullshit.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

On 10/14/2018 at 7:29 PM, TetraSky said:

Trying to configure adblocking on my router with OpenWRT. (Since it's easier than DD-WRT, on which I've tried the startup/firewall scripts, those didn't work for shit, didn't block anything and these days they give some new sort of way through a USB flash drive and command lines and what not... ugh, I just want an easy to use interface ffs, is that so much to ask, why is that still not a built-in feature damn it)

But it just doesn't want to block all the domains on the hosts files that I select, it only blocks maybe 10k domains, out of over 80k. Tried both "adblock" and "simple-adblock", both do similar result... Posted on adblock thread of the OpenWRT forum, didn't get a single answer yet.

I'm starting to want to invest in a pi-hole, but it feels like such a pain in the ass to do, not to mention if I can do it for free...

Should have just tossed together a pihole server on the cheap.

- Modern Society

- People to lazy to walk 2 miles to somewhere and would rather take a taxi; i walk pretty much everywhere i can. If the place i need to go to over less than 2 miles away unless i'd be getting a lot of stuff i'll walk there

- The spelling of Chihuahua (Got that from Russell Howard)

- The in your face type of people when it comes to things like being Vegetarian

20 hours ago, xXxAdamxXx said:

When you're so good at your job you get dumped with more work load and more responsibilities at the same time but of course don't get a pay raise.

Don't worry it only gets worse. Except one day you will get tired of the crap and make sure you are being paid your worth.

4 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

Should have just tossed together a pihole server on the cheap.

"not to mention if I can do it for free..."

cheap isn't free~
... maybe when I upgrade my network in the future from N to whatever is new.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I have a dislocated middle finger on my left hand.  I am left handed.

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

14 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

"not to mention if I can do it for free..."

cheap isn't free~
... maybe when I upgrade my network in the future from N to whatever is new.

Do you have an old computer you don't use? Toss on linux and run pihole from it. FREE

Btw You could run a pihole server off a Pi Zero I bet which cost 5 bucks for the PI or about 15 for all you need. Then for 35-40 you could have all you need for a Raspberry pi 3.  They aren't much of a expense and are fun for many projects

On 10/14/2018 at 9:11 PM, DrMacintosh said:

A question on my chem homework. 

There were a few options:

a.) 2.0x10^-3

c.) 2.0x10^-4

options b.) and d.) were far off the correct answer and I picked 2.0x10^-3 of course got the question wrong because the correct answer was 2.0x10^-4 but I read x10^-3 first and seeing as upon first glance the option I picked would seem correct unless you spent an unproductive amount of time nit picking for no valid reason. 

The only reason you would have a question with two answers that were off by a factor of 10 is to intentionally mess people up. 

Add that to the list of reasons I'll never respect the field of Chemistry. 

literally every math test or chem test i ever had, had 2 answers just like that almost every question 

im annoyed today because i learned that BO4 uses 100% of my 8600k at 5.2 ghz 

It rained today and I didn't have my car.. wanted to cruise around real bad ☹