Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Intel 8th gen prices are all over the place?

Hi there

I'm a little confused by today's prices of Intel's 8th gen i5s and i7s. I'm planning a build for a friend, and he wants an Intel CPU. But when I saw i5 8600k going for almost 400EUR, I got stunned. Where are those prices coming from? i7 8700k is  500+ EUR. This is madness!  In comparison, R5 2600X is only around 250EUR, R7 2700x is 360EUR.

Same goes for the motherboards, decent Z370s cost as much or even more than high end X470s.

So what is going on? And will it ever come back to normal?

Main system: i7 8700k 5Ghz / Asus Prime Z370-A / Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3000Mhz / Asus TUF RTX3080 / EVGA 750W GQ / Fractal Design Meshify C

Probably the result of the infamous trade tariffs maybe? Ripple effect is going to be felt all around the globe once one market is forced to raise prices. As for Ryzen prices being lower, it's either due to AMD not bumping the prices to compensate for the tariffs in non-USA markets or surplus inventory of those CPUs for your retailer. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

this just in: New Intel cpu's cost more than AMD slightly older but mostly similar cpu's

Hey, the 9th gen are coming out soon. The i7-9900k will be the new consumer flagship for $584. My hypothesis is that the 8th gen don't get produced anymore because of 14nm shortage: Demand exceeds offers -> Price rises. My complementary hypothesis to that is that since he value proposition is very weak and selling a better value product A.k.a the 8700K would be a shot in the foot - so Intel decided not to sell it anymore.

Go Ryzen, f*k Intel and their stupid behavior lately (PT controversy etc,...)

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

2 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

Probably the result of the infamous trade tariffs maybe?

The EU does not suffer under the tariffs the US president set in his own country, still we do suffer from some sort of price inflation

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

14nm shortage, unless you have a healthy ammount of money to spend it is (at least for the time being) better to go with a r5 2600 and a much sweeter GPU. spend the extra on snacks or a monitor (and maybe combo with sync tech)