Is it safe to update Windows 10 yet?

wcrockett

Hi all, 

I'm running Windows 10 Version 1803 right now. I disabled the update service when I heard about 1809 deleting files. Is it safe to re-enable updates yet? 

Thanks!

You will probably be fine, but just to be sure backup your important stuff.

There are still some issues with Intel Integrated Audio being kinda borked for some people, but it's pretty easy to fix. And for me personally Dynamic Lock has totally stopped detecting my phone, but that's pretty minor.

2 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

There are still some issues with Intel Integrated Audio being kinda borked for some people, but it's pretty easy to fix.

Intel has issued a article on this issue:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000030792/graphics-drivers.html

If you gave the miss detection of hardware, where the wrong driver is being sent by Windows Update (thanks to Intel screwing up its driver hardware detection), or updated to the October update and already, Microsoft gives the following guide:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/matthew_van_eerde/2018/10/12/if-windows-update-sent-you-intel-audio-controller-version-9-21-0-3755-by-mistake-uninstall-it/

2 minutes ago, LinusOnLine said:

I had no problems on any of my computers. Guess I was lucky :)

Yeah honestly other than the data deletion thing that was a big deal, this update cycle has gone over surprisingly well. I don't know too many people affected by other issues.

The only reason I'm having any issues is because of running an unsupported config (killer networking/bluetooth adapter in a desktop).