How to tell if a mechanical keyboard is good or bad?

Use it.

i7 12700k @ 5.1GHz OC (EKWB) / Msi Edge wifi ddr4 / Asus TUF 3080ti (EKWB) / Acer XB327 270HZ, 3x LG 27GL83A-B 144hz, SONY KDL40D3000 Thermaltake P5 / 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / Samsung 980 pro 1tb NVMe ssd, Serbrent 1tb NVMe ssd,Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Samsung 860 PRO SSD (raid), 2 TB Seagate HDDSeasonic TX 1000w titanium/ EK-FC1080 Ti GTX ASUS Strix RGB GPU Block, EK-Supremacy EVO, EK-CoolStream XE 360 [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans], EK-CoolStream XE 360 slim [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans],  EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition, EK-RES X3 250 RGBMountain Everest custom with Sorbothane sound dampening / Razer Viper Ultimate, Logitec G502 , Logitec G Pro Wireless / Beardynamic DT1990 PRO with Litz wire full conversion to balanced, custom cable in Litz, Dakoni ear pads going through Topping E30 DAC to Singxer SA-1 amp/Sennhieser HD598, Sennhieser GSP 670, Custom Floor Standing Speakers in 5.1, Panasonic amp. Rode NT-USB on Rode boom.

19 minutes ago, HOOTSMON said:

Use it.

Yeah, but you can't really use the keyboard for more then 30sec when your in a store

18 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

You need to be more specific about what is being evaluated to be good or bad

Well, i dont know im a newbie to keyboards. By good and bad i mean something like "If the keys move alot, or the wobble alot, then they are bad (From side to side) " What linus commonly uses to see if a keyboard is good or bad

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

In that case you should look through all his published videos about keyboard reviews to see what he has to say about them.

Will do.

how much you want to spend? 

i7 12700k @ 5.1GHz OC (EKWB) / Msi Edge wifi ddr4 / Asus TUF 3080ti (EKWB) / Acer XB327 270HZ, 3x LG 27GL83A-B 144hz, SONY KDL40D3000 Thermaltake P5 / 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / Samsung 980 pro 1tb NVMe ssd, Serbrent 1tb NVMe ssd,Samsung 850 EVO 500GB, Samsung 860 PRO SSD (raid), 2 TB Seagate HDDSeasonic TX 1000w titanium/ EK-FC1080 Ti GTX ASUS Strix RGB GPU Block, EK-Supremacy EVO, EK-CoolStream XE 360 [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans], EK-CoolStream XE 360 slim [6x120 Thermaltake Ring fans],  EK-DDC 3.2 PWM Elite Edition, EK-RES X3 250 RGBMountain Everest custom with Sorbothane sound dampening / Razer Viper Ultimate, Logitec G502 , Logitec G Pro Wireless / Beardynamic DT1990 PRO with Litz wire full conversion to balanced, custom cable in Litz, Dakoni ear pads going through Topping E30 DAC to Singxer SA-1 amp/Sennhieser HD598, Sennhieser GSP 670, Custom Floor Standing Speakers in 5.1, Panasonic amp. Rode NT-USB on Rode boom.

6 hours ago, HOOTSMON said:

how much you want to spend? 

doesnt really matter since im buying from a local shop

10 hours ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

doesnt really matter since im buying from a local shop

Well that makes no sense. Quite a pointless post all in really, good luck!

3 minutes ago, HOOTSMON said:

Well that makes no sense. Quite a pointless post all in really, good luck!

it actually does make sense.. maybe they do not have a credit card, paypal, etc. so they cannot buy anything online. maybe they have $300 sitting around and they want new peripherals

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

if it feels good to you then its good. just try it yourself

you may not like the most expensive keyboard others claim to be the best. 

I think a keyboard is a very personal device, with personal preferences, so I would just go to a local store and try a couple of different keyboards.

9 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

it actually does make sense.. maybe they do not have a credit card, paypal, etc. so they cannot buy anything online. maybe they have $300 sitting around and they want new peripherals

so the budget would be 300 and thats the answer (and a balling budget that would be). Anyway its obvious now the budget was in the lower end and he was looking for something close to Cherry's which could have been useful to say. 

2 hours ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

Thanks @HOOTSMON @huilun02 @geo3 @dgsddfgdfhgs @iLostMyXbox21 @OskarKE

i went in a store, tried some keyboards and bought the one i liked. Tactile and clicky. Some knockoff cherry mx blues

Thats exactly what i would have done. Just the clicky would have sold it for me lol

12 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Good spot, im a teen so i get my money by well, Money, not credit cards. So i cant buy anything online, even if i have local shops here.

also how did u know i have exactly 300 euros sitting around? U stalkin me or smth ??

12 hours ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

and no, the 300 arent for peripherals, their for a monitor lol, im just buying cheaper stuff that feels nice from what i have left over.

4 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

and no, the 300 arent for peripherals, their for a monitor lol, im just buying cheaper stuff that feels nice from what i have left over.

lol, yeah, that was just a hypothetical

6 minutes ago, YourNewPalAlex said:

also how did u know i have exactly 300 euros sitting around? U stalkin me or smth ??

how did YOU know that I know? U stalkin ME or smth?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧