Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Programs suddenly uninstalled from SSD (Windows 10)

I was backing up the files on my E:/ HDD (onto my external H:/ HDD) last night and set my computer to shut down once completed, and this morning all of the programs oh my D:/ SSD have been uninstalled. The ssd that I install my programs on still have their folders but they all seem to be empty. I checked Disk Management and it shows that there are 409 MB of used space and 238 GB of free space so it does seem that all my programs have been uninstalled. I have also tried opening my programs but I just get a notification: "This item "program name" that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?" 

The only thing that I can think of that may have caused this was a couple days ago I was moving my ssd's around in my computer so I had to unplug them first (my computer/psu was off), could doing so have wiped my ssd?

12 minutes ago, A-Furry-Peanut said:

The only thing that I can think of that may have caused this was a couple days ago I was moving my ssd's around in my computer so I had to unplug them first (my computer/psu was off), could doing so have wiped my ssd?

no this wouldn't have caused this to happen because ssd are considered 'non volatile' memory. No idea why this happened though

i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz | EVGA CLC 280mm | Aorus Z370 Gaming 5 | 16GB G-Skill DDR4-3000 C15 | EVGA RTX 2080 | Corsair RM650x | NZXT S340 Elite | Zowie XL2730 

21 minutes ago, A-Furry-Peanut said:

I was backing up the files

If you have a solid backup, then do a system rollback/restore to a point prior to when everything went pear shaped. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

So rise up, all ye lost ones, as one, we'll claw the clouds

10 minutes ago, timl132 said:

What kind of programs? And where is you OS installed?(Not on the SSD?)

My OS and drivers are installed on another (C:/ drive) ssd, all my programs (premiere pro, ccleaner, aomei etc.) are on my D:/ ssd

3 minutes ago, A-Furry-Peanut said:

My OS and drivers are installed on another (C:/ drive) ssd, all my programs (premiere pro, ccleaner, aomei etc.) are on my D:/ ssd

Are you sure you didn't install them to another drive?(And the drives just changed letter)

8 hours ago, timl132 said:

Are you sure you didn't install them to another drive?(And the drives just changed letter)

I installed all my programs in a folder titled "programs" but I am unable to find this folder anywhere else (other than the original D:/ drive).

Also I just realized that my backup program (Aomei) was installed on my D:/ SSD which means all my programs must've been fine last night, and in the process of booting down or booting up this morning, the programs uninstalled.