Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

List of Benchmarks used by LTT

I'm bringing back up an older topic that has been discussed on here about five years ago, but was never truly answered: Does anyone have a list of the benchmarks used by LTT, for evaluating their builds? From the top of my head, I can think of Cinebench, 3DMark, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Unigine Valley, Blender BMW/Classroom, and FurMark (which is/was sometimes used by Luke), but I think there might be more. As far as I know, there is no LTT video where they discuss their benchmarks, right? I would love to see a really in-depth one, where Linus talks about all the benchmarks they use on a regular basis, why they use them, what exactly is being tested, what might influence test results, how to interpret them, etc.

There's more than enough videos across youtube detailing the most common benchmark applications out there.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700 @4.45ghz |~| Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212X |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z370M D3H mATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: nVidia Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700KF @ 5.0Ghz (5.1Ghz 4-core) |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490 UD |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX @ 2666Mhz CL13 |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

6 minutes ago, macklin264 said:

I'm bringing back up an older topic that has been discussed on here about five years ago, but was never truly answered: Does anyone have a list of the benchmarks used by LTT, for evaluating their builds? From the top of my head, I can think of Cinebench, 3DMark, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Unigine Valley, Blender BMW/Classroom, and FurMark (which is/was sometimes used by Luke), but I think there might be more. As far as I know, there is no LTT video where they discuss their benchmarks, right? I would love to see a really in-depth one, where Linus talks about all the benchmarks they use on a regular basis, why they use them, what exactly is being tested, what might influence test results, how to interpret them, etc.

I think that's pretty much it. I can't think of any more. For 3DMark they mostly use the Time Spy Extreme. Sometimes they use GTA V as a benchmark.

7 minutes ago, timl132 said:

I think that's pretty much it. I can't think of any more. For 3DMark they mostly use the Time Spy Extreme. Sometimes they use GTA V as a benchmark.

Cool, thanks for the input!

• 1 year later...

I know this topic is old, but the recent video shows almost all the benchmarks they are doing on PC, so, I have taken a screenshot from my phone, and this is what I got.

IMG_20191126_063953.png