Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i7 8700k getting hot

mal101
 Share

I have a i7 8700k overclocked to 5.0.  Everthing is fine and the temps are ok but when I play pubg the cpu gets quite toasty as for some reason it maxes out one of the cores and it doesn't switch it round to other cores. It all still runs fine but the cpu temps get into the high 70s low 80s. Is there a way or setting so it switches between cores or do you think its just the game?

Any help would be great , thanks.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Below 90C is fine.

Those are normal temps.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

U want to delid that bad boy and liquid metal it

are u uk ? I can post u the tool as long as u send it back for free

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5GHz is quite the overclock. I'm almost certain that @Mooshi has the right answer here. Problem is when you're at idle your CPU isn't really doing anything, so it won't get hot. PUBG will give your CPU way more work, and with that it'll get quite toasty. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, 1kv said:

5GHz is quite the overclock. I'm almost certain that @Mooshi has the right answer here. Problem is when you're at idle your CPU isn't really doing anything, so it won't get hot. PUBG will give your CPU way more work, and with that it'll get quite toasty. 

The 5Ghz overcolck is fine, I've ran it stress tested for an hour plus with no problems. Its just when I play pubg it uses multi cores but maxes out one. I was just seeing if there was a way to make it move around the cores to reduce the temps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Ebony Falcon said:

U want to delid that bad boy and liquid metal it

are u uk ? I can post u the tool as long as u send it back for free

I have thought about it but I'm probably just going to get the new i9 and see how that does. Thanks anyway.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, mal101 said:

The 5Ghz overcolck is fine, I've ran it stress tested for an hour plus with no problems. Its just when I play pubg it uses multi cores but maxes out one. I was just seeing if there was a way to make it move around the cores to reduce the temps.

Yeah that is a bit odd. It's definitely a PUBG problem, that much I know.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Found your problem.

5Ghz is fine. It goes higher but I don't like the voltage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×