Where is In the between motherboard size N-ATX?

fos1x

- I like ITX they are smoll and cute! here I put an 8 core CPU and a beefy graphics card and boom! mini workstation
Wait there's more! lemme just add my 10-gigabit LAN card... uhm where's the other PCIe? and I have to sell my 2x8gb ram and buy new 2x16gb for the upgrade? what a pain!
- Ok I need a matx no biggy now I have my GPU and my 10gig LAN card in place... put it in a smoll case... wait what's all these space for?
- you see the problem here? where's nano-ATX where you have 2x PCIex16 and 4 Slot of ram and 2x m.2! like that would be the best compact size!
- the case will be 15-20% bigger than HTPC or ITX tower! why can't we have that?

That's what microATX offers is it not?

If you're talking about cases in particular there is MicroATX mini-tower cases

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Even matx can't fit two PCIe as well as two m2 slots, how do you expect a smaller board to hold that? 

Plenty matx boards have 4 ram slots and 2 PCIe though. 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

1 minute ago, iRileyx said:

Even m atx can't fit two PCIe as well as two m2 slots, how do you expect a smaller board to hold that?

There are a few mATX boards with 2x M.2 slots and a couple PCIe x16 slots

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/f6prxr/msi-z370m-mortar-micro-atx-lga1151-motherboard-z370m-mortar

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/3wKcCJ/msi-b450m-mortar-titanium-micro-atx-am4-motherboard-b450m-mortar-titanium

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Itx board with built in 10 gig. Problem solved.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

there is a thing called a mini-mATX tower. that is what you should be loking for.

I think what he is looking for, is a mini-ITX with 2x PCI-E 16x slots.

I think it is possible that this can be done, Basically the second PCI-E 16x is on 90 degree right angle connector (maybe also on the back of the motherboard), where you need a short PCI-E ribbon cable that connects to it, and give you proper access to it, if you need it. Of course, you'll need a mini-ITX case that has an extra optional PCI-E slot.

But no, this design does not exists.

The closest you have is D-ITX. which is mini-ITX but with 2x 16x PCI-E slots... which sounds like exactly what you are looking for, but they are not.

Because, they rarely surface on the consumer market due to very low demand (although as interest for small form factor increases, this might change in the future), they are right now more focused on special application, so you'll have the CPU soldered on and/or you'll have limited rear I/O, like maybe networking and 2x USB 2.0 ports for keyboard and mouse, and that is all... type of thing. Another problem, is that the second PIC-E is right next to the other one. So that means you can on;y have single slot GPU with the system. The better news, is that if you are fine with a single slot GPU, then any current ITX case that supports dual slot GPUs will support D-ITX perfectly, as the rest of the board is identical.

You best bet, is to get a mini-ITX with Thunderbolt 3, and get a small enclosure for your PCI-E Gigabit LAN card. But those enclosures are still super expensive, sadly (for what you get).