Motherboard selection advice required

So I'm working on a personal project and I'm looking for a motherboard where the Graphics card and the NVMe port is on the same PCIe bus, preferably a "x16" bus.  This is also sometimes referred to as the same "root complex" as I understand.

The end goal is to have a 1080Ti and a Samsung 970 Pro NVMe PCIe running on the same bus.

Any suggestions?  Is that sort of info even on a datasheet? 

Why would you want that? To get super fast transfers from SSD to video card?

I'm not 100% sure if it's considered "same root complex", but AM4 processors have 24 lanes and 16 go to the video card, 4 to the m.2 connector and 4 to the chipset...so I guess both video card and the m.2 connector should be on the same "controller" inside the processor. If they show up to the OS as same root complex or not, I'm not sure.

Any other m.2 connectors on motherboards would be connected to the chipset, so I guess that would be another pci-e controller.

25 minutes ago, ArbRequirements said:

Graphics card and the NVMe port is on the same PCIe bus? 

Are you talking about the GPU and NVMe using the PCIe lanes from the CPU?

For reference, the root complex is explained nicely here:

Root complex wiki

@mariushm, yes, to get fast transfers between NVMe SSD and GPU.  It's for a data science research project and this does make a difference when it comes to millions of iterations.  There are server boards for this, but I'd like to see if this can be done by "mere mortal" boards and not give up my first-born for it.

@Hi P, What I'm referring to is that both the GPU and NVMe are on the same PCIe bus, but NOT over a PCIe bridge.

I guess I can do this by getting a board with 2x PCIe x16 slots and using a carrier board in one slot for the NVMe SSD, but I was hoping for a board that already caters for this.