Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

RTX 2080 Witcher 3 flashing

JohnMarkHutch

Hello,

I have recently gotten an RTX 2080 and I have been playing witcher.

I have noticed artifacts(flashing) on the screen and I don't know why.

I have reinstalled Windows and Nvidia drivers and the problem persists 

I can only bring the card back to MemoryExpress for a couple more days, so I would like some advice on whether a replacement GPU would solve my problem.

Here are some screenshots I managed to get from a screen recording:

Edit: Just remembered, it seems to get worse as I play. 

So more time running = more glitches

vlcsnap-2018-10-13-00h12m47s469.png

vlcsnap-2018-10-13-00h13m33s223.png

Run 3DMark and see if you get any artifacts. You could have a defective GPU, but my bet would be that the drivers aren't really worked out yet. Nothing about the 2000 series says "finished product" so far.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

15 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Run 3DMark and see if you get any artifacts. You could have a defective GPU, but my bet would be that the drivers aren't really worked out yet. Nothing about the 2000 series says "finished product" so far.

Just ran it. No artifacts at all.

Sounds to me like it could be GPU-memory that's bugging out. Underclock its RAM, see if the issue persists in Witcher 3? If it goes away, you know you got a defective card.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

16 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

Sounds to me like it could be GPU-memory that's bugging out. Underclock its RAM, see if the issue persists in Witcher 3? If it goes away, you know you got a defective card.

Good Idea, but I reduced the memory clock in AORUS as far down as it would go and i still see the glitches.

1 minute ago, JohnMarkHutch said:

Good Idea, but I reduced the memory clock in AORUS as far down as it would go and i still see the glitches.

Try reducing GPU-clocks, too, or power-limit, and seeing if anything changes. If nothing changes then it could be just like JoostinOnline there said and just some driver-issue.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Right, I did that and I see no improvement. 

To be fair, the 20 series is brand new and a slightly older game like Witcher 3 might not be optimized for it

I have the same problem with my 2080 Ti in 4k ultra setting witcher, it looks as if a lightning was flashing repeatedly right ? Dont really know how to fix it tho :(

6 hours ago, Ficeq said:

I have the same problem with my 2080 Ti in 4k ultra setting witcher, it looks as if a lightning was flashing repeatedly right ? Dont really know how to fix it tho :(

That's what I saw too, I even waited for the rain to stop in game, because I thought it was actually lightning. The fact that we both have it makes a driver issue more likely 

Maybe it is the new raytracing :D 

Seriously tho, i have played Witcher yesterday with new 10/11/2018 driver and it seems to be fine. I cannot say for sure since I would have to go to the same locations but it seems fixed for me. 

Same issue in Witcher 3 with a 2080 ROG Strix OC and an 2080 Gaming X Trio.

No other games or benchmarks shows this. I think it's a driver issue.

I like zip-tying Intel stock coolers on graphics cards.

I just got my new Zotac rtx 2080 and im also experiencing a random flashing everywhere, so i guess im not the only one :( so far this is the only game that has this problem for me.

I have noticed a similar thing in Path of Exile. While casting a potion called Withfire Brew It flashed on me like a lightning. Should not be there or was not there with 1070 and 1080.

Edit: I got a feeling it may really be the drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue too in The Witcher 3 with gigabyte RTX 2080 windforce OC. Seems like it happens when I got a lot of shadows and it looks like shadows quickly disappear and reappear which give a flashing effect, but it's weird because when I record my gameplay and look frame by frame, we see a black area for 1 frame... 

lol.thumb.jpg.01407fe9b668be74b310ab5b6522f805.jpg

On 11/1/2018 at 2:57 AM, tuunade98 said:

There is a hotfix for this.

I got the Asus rog strix 2080ti, but have not tested it on wither yet. Out of all the games I have tried, it has been fine. https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4736/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-416.64

This driver solved the problem for me ! Thank you for sharing it.
But it seems like my games are more unstable.

On 10/13/2018 at 6:23 PM, JohnMarkHutch said:

That's what I saw too, I even waited for the rain to stop in game, because I thought it was actually lightning. The fact that we both have it makes a driver issue more likely 

Same for me bro do t worry

i have insane render colour issues in overwatch too 

must be a driver thing 

15 minutes ago, Sofiane Saez said:

This driver solved the problem for me ! Thank you for sharing it.
But it seems like my games are more unstable.

I'm finding that to be true for me as well, and still get flickering in other games but not as bad... Still new cards, just have to wait for more drivers to come out. As long as the cards are not artifacting it should be okay.