Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Sound Flood

Krazes

So I've got open backed Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro's and I can't listen to music that's too loud as sound floods out, I listen to music usually under 40 vol and play games on 70 vol, are there any ways how I can reduce the amount of noise being flooded out the sides? (I want to listen to music on high vol with less sound being flooded out due to family members) 

"I don't know what your problem is, but it seems like you don't like me. Besides, I can't put you in any mood - you put yourself into a 'mood' when you take the little things personally."

7 minutes ago, Krazes said:

So I've got open backed Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro's and I can't listen to music that's too loud as sound floods out, I listen to music usually under 40 vol and play games on 70 vol, are there any ways how I can reduce the amount of noise being flooded out the sides? (I want to listen to music on high vol with less sound being flooded out due to family members) 

Why did you get open headphones to begin with? If your situation is gonna remain the same you should look into selling those and getting a closed pair. I don't know how to drown leaked sound other than closing the door or lowering the volume. I have open back headphones but I live by myself, I also own a closed pair for a situation such as yours.

I'll just fill up the sides or something.

"I don't know what your problem is, but it seems like you don't like me. Besides, I can't put you in any mood - you put yourself into a 'mood' when you take the little things personally."

34 minutes ago, Krazes said:

I'll just fill up the sides or something.

It doesn't hurt to try, but I suspect that will substantially change the sound of them and make them sound much worse than even a much cheaper pair of closed back headphones.  If this is your every day scenario really you should have closed back headphones.  It's about picking the right tool for the job.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

It doesn't hurt to try, but I suspect that will substantially change the sound of them and make them sound much worse than even a much cheaper pair of closed back headphones.  If this is your every day scenario really you should have closed back headphones.  It's about picking the right tool for the job.

Agree, there is a lot of engineering behind the design of the cans and how much space there is inside them and the materials used. Just try playing music and running your hand over your ears, it will significantly change the way it sounds. Get yourself a nice pair of closed-back cans, I have the audio-technica ATH-M50X and they are great for the price.