NEW PC / Advice / Silent

Black Friday had some alright offers for me and I ended up getting this alot cheaper than what I had planned above (like 450 euro cheaper)

I got 150 euro off the monitor as well. I ended up using under my budget for all items including the monitor. Prices are very high in my region compared to the American market IE where I could have gotten the same build for 20% less or so.. But judging on the setup in total what do you guys think. Did I get a good PC and monitor for the next 3-4 years? I personally think so, but its always nice to hear other people out. I am particular happy about the GPU that I get 20% cheaper than normal (way under the 1080ti prices in my region) I do not know what I can expect from the optane, but it was under 50 euro extra for me compared to not having it, any people with exprience here and not just benchmarks ? Does it really help with gaming load times at all.

Case - Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C Sort

PSU - Corsair TX750M, 750W PSU

CPU - Intel Core i7-9700K

Cooler - Noctua NH-U9S

Ram - Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 3200MHz 16GB

Motherboard - ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING, S-1151

Primary/SSD - Samsung PM981 SSD 512GB M.2 PCIe SSD

Storage - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 SSD

GPU - ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC
Monitor - Asus 27" LED G-Sync Rog Swift PG279Q

As long as you don't plan on any serious overclocking, very nice build.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

15 minutes ago, brob said:

As long as you don't plan on any serious overclocking, very nice build.

I do not plan to overclock other than use the turbo boost. I tried my best to get a silent build. I will set the GPU to silent mode. I look forward to see how this setup works.. I think it will be alot different than my now soon 5 year old rig. Ty for the reply. Good to hear people are on pair with me on the specs.

Let us know how quiet a build you managed.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

5 minutes ago, brob said:

Let us know how quiet a build you managed.

I will once I have gotten the parts and build. I might post some 3d marks too and put some from the old rig could be fun to watch

• 2 weeks later...

I have tinkered with my new PC all day and finally got the last parts such as GPU installed into the PC. Currently updating drivers etc. My monitor came without any obvious faults, no dead pixels, no ghosting and no backlight bleed noticeable.. I guess I won the lottery on that one.

Will be posting some benchmarks during the week and the build is super quiet. so quiet that I can't hear the PC at all with light load. Will test with full load later on.

I tried to stress test my GPU abit today in Firestrike (for 20 mins to see if it would make more noise or get hot) none of those things happened. I made two benchmarks afterwards one in Firestrike 1.1 and one in Firestrike extreme. The GPU is set to silent mode and nothing is overclocked at all.

Firestrike - Score 22473

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/30949859?

Firestrike extreme - Score 12342

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/30950104?

So far its been pretty fun playing different games today with great graphics, high fps and a cripst colour/picture on the 1440p that really does make a difference atleast for me.