Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

W10 Pro install freezes on logo

Xaryon

Go to solution Solved by Xaryon,

Removing a stick of RAM was the solution. Apparently, Windows installers have problems sometimes with too much RAM installed in the machine. 

Hi,

I got some parts to build a budget PC which I would use mostly to have technical data on it, to prepare drivers for other machines I might be building or repairing for someone and sometimes to be a guest station to game on it when my friend comes by and we decide to play together.

However, I have problems with starting a Windows 10 Pro installation. I used a Media Creation Tool to set up an 8GB USB to start an installation from it - no luck. Then, I used the same Tool to download an installation in a form of an ISO image and then I used Rufus program to create a bootable USB. In both instances the installation hangs on a Windows logo, even those white dots doesn't appear. I could leave the PC for hours and it wouldn't go further.

Specs are as follows:

Asus P5K WS motherboard

Intel Core2Quad Q6600 CPU

Gainward nVidia GeForce GTX 570 Phantom GPU

600W PSU

500GB HDD

5GB DDR2 RAM

BIOS has been updated to the latest one on the ASUS' website, all parts have been reseated, still no luck.

"xCube" -> CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x | RAM: Palit 32 (2x 16GB) DDR4 CL16 | MOBO: Biostar x370GTN ver. 5.x | GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 Aorus Extreme 6GB | PSU: Corsair VS Series 650W | Storage: SSD: ADATA SX8200PNP 512GB NVMe & Kingston SA400 960GB / HDD: HGST 4TB & WD Black 2TB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Cooling: AMD Wraith Prism | Case: Corsair Carbide Series 240 Air

Removing a stick of RAM was the solution. Apparently, Windows installers have problems sometimes with too much RAM installed in the machine. 

"xCube" -> CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x | RAM: Palit 32 (2x 16GB) DDR4 CL16 | MOBO: Biostar x370GTN ver. 5.x | GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GeForce GTX 1060 Aorus Extreme 6GB | PSU: Corsair VS Series 650W | Storage: SSD: ADATA SX8200PNP 512GB NVMe & Kingston SA400 960GB / HDD: HGST 4TB & WD Black 2TB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Cooling: AMD Wraith Prism | Case: Corsair Carbide Series 240 Air