why should i do dual channel memory?

i understand it will make it faster, but is it THAT fast to where i HAVE to in order for my pc to have good performance?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

For the most part, yes, dual channel is worth the extra scratch, but you can get away with single channel a lot. What's the use case? CPU?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

i had a single channel in my fx8320 build for a 2 years and then bought another, same exact stick, and made it dual channel. it was a good bit better. it was ddr3 so the performance still wasn't the best but for what it was it was decent. i would recommend getting dual channel, even if you get a 2x4gb kit you can always buy it later to get 16gb

10 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

For the most part, yes, dual channel is worth the extra scratch, but you can get away with single channel a lot. What's the use case? CPU?

light gaming (mostly small stuff from itch.io and gamejolt) while recording 

ryzen 3 2200g

good? 

lol 

6 minutes ago, DVA said:

Skip to 1:43

could i have the link? i dont have access to youtube

4 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

light gaming (mostly small stuff from itch.io and gamejolt) while recording 

ryzen 3 2200g

good? 

lol 

could i have the link? i dont have access to youtube

Ryzen 3's integrated graphics will love the dual channel bandwidth

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, kampfer5191 said:

the faster the better with the apus

That too. However, ryzen 3 doesn't really have to worry about infinity fabric

Primary PC:

5 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

okay awesome. thanks ☺️

Assuming you haven't bought your RAM yet, try to aim for a higher frequency too. AMD prefers a dual channel+higher frequency for the best speeds. 

4 minutes ago, DVA said:

Assuming you haven't bought your RAM yet, try to aim for a higher frequency too. AMD prefers a dual channel+higher frequency for the best speeds. 

i havnt bought anything but the Hard Drive, even then, i didn’t even buy it, i got it out of a prebuilt PC a few months ago

Basically, yeah. Dual channel memory interface can show noticeable difference in certain types of workloads, especially ones that need to utilize two parallel processors and resources and offload data requests between one another. A very common example is GAMING. You will see better framerate in games if both your cpu and gpu has the headroom of using the extra bandwidth and most of the time, they do. 

Now, in the cases of slightly lower-end mainboard's memory controller, it might not be able to address the two-way bus from the DIMMs at the speeds you were able to run a single channel DIMM at. You then might have to run them both at lower clocks and slightly higher timing table. But if you've got a decent board that can address the dual channel band at higher frequencies.

console.log("way to pro");

2 minutes ago, iLostMyXbox21 said:

i havnt bought anything but the Hard Drive, even then, i didn’t even buy it, i got it out of a prebuilt PC a few months ago

Oh cool, what HDD is it?

1 minute ago, PatXioPC said:

Next Gen ryzen will be based off of THANOS Cores. CONFIRMED!!

GONNA SNAP INTEL OUT OF THE MAIN STREAM!

1 minute ago, DVA said:

GONNA SNAP INTEL OUT OF THE MAIN STREAM!

It isn't far away from AMD making a "Intel Diss track".

console.log("way to pro");

Just now, iLostMyXbox21 said:

Great starting HDD, now I must ask, what is your plan for storage with your videos when they are done? Will you archive them onto a HDD? Use a cloud service? Use YouTube as your archiving system? (Though YT has been known to just "lose" a video)

I don't want to throw too much at you, I'm just curious :D

If you're using the iGPU of the 2200G, it's roughly a 2x performance increase in games. 

Edited by seon123
Something something

:)