Do you need a cooler with a R5 2600x

UBatcha

Just wondering, it comes with a cooler in the box so would I need to spend extra on one or is the stock cooler good enough. If it helps, Building the PC for gaming and pairing it with a GTX 1060 6GB

I'd say just about all AMD CPU's do well with their stock coolers, but of course, other coolers like the Noctua do even better.

For a 1060 though I'd say the stock cooler is just fine if you have a case with decent airflow. 

Take a look at the RX 580 8GB as it is often cheaper than the 1060 6GB, but comes with freesync, which is present on a large ammount of monitors

Stock cooler on the r5 2600x is just fine. Though not the most silent cooler, nor the best. 

On 10/12/2018 at 3:03 PM, GoldenLag said:

Take a look at the RX 580 8GB as it is often cheaper than the 1060 6GB, but comes with freesync, which is present on a large ammount of monitors

Stock cooler on the r5 2600x is just fine. Though not the most silent cooler, nor the best. 

Thanks, I think I've found a decent deal on the 580 so yeah maybe ill get that. This means I should get a Freesync monitor though right? I'll try finding something good

47 minutes ago, UBatcha said:

This means I should get a Freesync monitor though right?

not if it doesnt fit your budget, but its on so many monitors that you will stumble upon it in the future